cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Search but ignore the order of text for search

Hello, I'm doing a search for a part name and some of them are quite funky. like #0031-3104-3194-A Bearing. I would like for the order of the text not to matter for the user input in the search so if the user types Bearing 3104 it shows up. If I search currently for  the part like Bearing 3104 it doesn't show up because the order of the search is wrong. Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
GarethPrisk
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Are you searching for:

• "3104"
  • "Bearing 3104"

And the stored text you're searching against is "#0031-3104-3194-A Bearing" - correct?

As you can imagine, simply searching for "3104" will return the row. Searching for "Bearing 3104" is not possible, and is something that advanced search engines can do using natural language processing. Meaning, they are setup to let you search for things as a human would.

Model-driven apps (in some instances) have this feature. Canvas apps don't have it built-in, currently.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
GarethPrisk
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

The Search function inherently does full-text searching against text fields. It will do what you described above.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/functions/function-filter-lookup

Can you elaborate on your app?

1. Is this a Canvas app and you're using the Search function against a data source?
  2. Is this a model-driven app and you're searching somewhere in the MDA?
    • If this is the case, then it will search as a BeginsWith
    • You can get around this with a wildcard search by adding an asterisk (*) to allow any characters to be ahead of what you are searching - for example:   *3104
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am using a canvas application, against a data source

GarethPrisk
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Are you searching for:

• "3104"
  • "Bearing 3104"

And the stored text you're searching against is "#0031-3104-3194-A Bearing" - correct?

As you can imagine, simply searching for "3104" will return the row. Searching for "Bearing 3104" is not possible, and is something that advanced search engines can do using natural language processing. Meaning, they are setup to let you search for things as a human would.

Model-driven apps (in some instances) have this feature. Canvas apps don't have it built-in, currently.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh dang ok thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Call June 2022 768x460.png

Power Platform Community Call

Join us for the next call on August 17, 2022 at 8am PDT.

Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Users online (2,236)