cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Labraham36
Helper II
Helper II

Search by date

Hello Community! I have a problem and I don't know how to solve it: My App has the typical home screen with its search engine and a sample of the entered records. What this App does mainly is record a date and data. My problem arose since I need the user to be able to search by putting a date, and not through a text field. I need you to search through the field that is data of type date. How can I do it? My search formula is the following:

SortByColumns (Search ([@ App_Horas]; TextSearchBox1.Text; "Comment"; "User"); "Comment"; If (SortDescending1; Descending; Ascending))App Horas.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
gabibalaban
Super User II
Super User II

Hi @Labraham36 ,

Use a DatePicker control to select the date you want and on Gallery -> Items use:

SortByColumns (Filter ([@ App_Horas]; DateColumn = DatePickerControl.SelectedDate); "Comment"; If (SortDescending1; Descending; Ascending))

Hope it helps !

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
gabibalaban
Super User II
Super User II

Hi @Labraham36 ,

Use a DatePicker control to select the date you want and on Gallery -> Items use:

SortByColumns (Filter ([@ App_Horas]; DateColumn = DatePickerControl.SelectedDate); "Comment"; If (SortDescending1; Descending; Ascending))

Hope it helps !

View solution in original post

Labraham36
Helper II
Helper II

Thanks friend for the answer! I try but it is not working. What value should I enter in "DateColumn"? Sorry but I'm new and I'm a bit lost. Thanks!

I almost got it to work but it gives an error in the equal sign, why could it be?

App Horas.png

Drrickryp
Super User II
Super User II

Datepicker3.SelectedDate

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza is Back!

We are excited to announce that Demo Extravaganza for 2021 has started!

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (63,825)