cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Alex_Reig
Helper III
Helper III

Search data in a choice format field by writing a part of the text not only the begining

Hi all 🙂

I have created a power app from a SharePoint list but one of the columns must have a choice format where you have to select one of the options;

Alex_Reig_1-1638197175214.png

My problem is that when I want to search one of the options, I always have to start for the beginning for example in Across Health I have to start writing Acr but I want to find across searching Health, ross, alth…

Which formula I have to use and in which field I should have to put it?

Thanks in advance,

Àlex

6 REPLIES 6
RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@Alex_Reig 

Have you turned on the option for "allow searching".  Basically that is what needs to be on for the type of searching you want.  However, searching is also dependent on the type of data you are using for your items.  So if turning on Allow Searching doesn't resolve your issue, then provide more details on the Items property of your Combobox.

I hope this is helpful for you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

Really want to show your appreciation? Buy Me A Cup Of Coffee!

Hi @RandyHayes 

I found that ISsearchable is true,

Alex_Reig_0-1638202595348.png

Is here where I have to put it?

RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@Alex_Reig 

That is the correct value for being able to search.  So then, what is the Items property of your combobox?

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.

@RandyHayes 

In the Item's formula I have only this:

Alex_Reig_0-1638203263777.png

RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@Alex_Reig 

Yes, PowerApps does some special things with Comboboxes when it sees that Choices is the base of its Items formula.

You can work around this by doing the following (one of many workarounds) in your Items property:

RenameColumns(Distinct(Choices('Imputar horas'.Cliente), Value), "Result", "Value")

This will apply the Distinct function to the resulting table of the Choices function.  The RenameColumns function is used just to convert the Column name from Distinct (which will be "Result") back to "Value" (which was the default column name from Choices) only for the purpose of not having to change anything else in your app.

Rember to look at the Allow Searching property after you change the above formula as it will revert back to NOT allowing searching.

Hi @RandyHayes 

I'm trying it with this formula but I don't know what I have to put in the end parameters

Alex_Reig_0-1638265842985.png

Thank you for all your help,

Àlex

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Power Apps Community Call Jan. 2022 768x460.png

Power Apps Community Call

Please join us on Wednesday, January 19th, at 8a PDT. Come and learn from our amazing speakers!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,978)