cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tejaswini
Level: Powered On

Search, filter and Delete from sharepoint list having greater than 5000 records(in Powerapps)

Hi All,

Kindly help in deletion of record from sharepoint list having more than 5000 records. I am using the Below query in Remove function of powerapp Details form delete button on select event.

Remove('datasource',gallery.selected),

and please help me how can I filter more than 5000 records using choice fields and Date fields with non delegable functions.

Filter('Datasource',Type.Value= "Article")

2 REPLIES 2
Super User
Super User

Re: Search, filter and Delete from sharepoint list having greater than 5000 records(in Powerapps)

Filter('Datasource',Type.Value= "Article")   should not present any delegation issue. The = is delagable.  It is operators like <> that are not,  which makes working with dates an issue

You can increaes the delegation from 500 to 2000 now in teh experimental settings but this can have performance side effects as it becomes client side not server.

I do a lot of work arounds using collections and sorting etc.  As an example  say you want to filter a source based on a date range that would always be in the last 500 records. I do my filter like this:

Filter(sort(datasource,ID,Descending),source.date1<=Vardate And Source.date2>=Vardate)

Like everything in maths,  it does the Brackets first which Sort() is delegable.  It sorts the datasource descending first which then make the last 500 records avaialable for filtering based on a varaible date in between two column dates. If you have more than the possible 500 to get a result then this can be increased to 2000

While the delgation presents issues I have found work arounds every time.  It is a shame though that SharePont cannot do anything than equals at this time.  Sort of makes its future questionable in the terms of this way ahead.

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Search, filter and Delete from sharepoint list having greater than 5000 records(in Powerapps)

Hi @Tejaswini,

I agree with @leyburn19's thought almost. Currently, the SharePoint data source could only support Equals (=), And (&&), Or (||) and StartsWith Filter and Lookup delegable predicates.

If you want to filter a SharePoint data source based on a date range without Non-delegable functions within your PowerApps app, I afraid that there is no way to achieve your needs in PowerApps currently.

More details about list of data sources and supported delegation, please check the following article:

List of data sources and supported delegation

More details about Delegable functions and Non-delegable functions in PowerApps, please check the following article:

Understand delegation

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

'New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

Read the announcement for more information!

Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

'Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Join THE global Microsoft Power Platform event series

Attend for two days of expert-led learning and innovation on topics like AI and Analytics, powered by Dynamic Communities

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow - The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (9,563)