cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
uk141
Level: Powered On

Search filtering does not find records that are exactly in the table

Here is my application. When you click the "+" button, it adds a row to the Excel table. One of the columns is called Report, which adds the current value of the templatename variable.
The gallery value is Filter (Table1_1; Report = templatename). Everything is fine as long as it works, but if I restart the application, the filter no longer finds records with the same templatename, although if I open the table in Excel online, then records with such templatename have not gone away.
Why can't a filter find records and display them?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: Search filtering does not find records that are exactly in the table

@uk141

Could this be a delegation issue?  I see your data is showing in row 940 on the Excel spreadsheet.  By default when using Excel as a datasource PowerApps will only read-in the first 500 rows.  You can increase this to 2,000 rows in the advanced settings.

Let me know if increasing the rows works!

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Super User
Super User

@uk141 

Variables do not store values when you close the application.  Maybe that's the problem here?

In any case can you please put the variable templatename in a label publish the application and then restart?  It will show us whether templatename has the expected value and lead us to the solution.

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

uk141

When the user launches the application, he gets to the initial screen. There he enters a date, chooses a car, shift and name. After clicking the "start work" button, a variable is compiled from this data and entered into the table.
The variable is shown just above the input fields.
"templatename now is:" & templatename
Be that as it may, here is the screenshot I took now. The variable is still "01.12.2020_91_2_Аааператор тестовый", but there is no data in the collection.2020-01-12 19_24_30-doctor_template - Power Apps.png

Super User
Super User

@uk141

Could this be a delegation issue?  I see your data is showing in row 940 on the Excel spreadsheet.  By default when using Excel as a datasource PowerApps will only read-in the first 500 rows.  You can increase this to 2,000 rows in the advanced settings.

Let me know if increasing the rows works!

---

View solution in original post

uk141

Interesting...
But what about if I add 500+ lines per day? Or can I somehow add rows to the top of the table?

Super User
Super User

@uk141
If you are adding 500 rows a day Excel is not the datasource you should use. There is a hard limit of 2000 rows and there is no way around it.

Instead I’d recommend SharePoint. I know that people are using tables with 20000 rows there with no issue. Plus if your company already has a license it’s free to use with PowerApps.

No you cannot add rows to the top of the table (nice creative idea though!)

—-
Please Accept as Solution if this post answered your question so others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a Thumbs Up.
uk141

It seems to me that I don’t understand what a sharpoint is.
Here is the Microsoft application. There is a sharpoint in which I have a website. But when creating a document, there is no database in the files, or something like that, there is an Excel table that I can use, but it will also be an Excel.

2020-01-12 20_25_49-Lobnya doctor report dev. - Документы - Все документы.png
There is still one drive, which throws me to the *.sharpoint.com site, which I use, but there are no databases there either, there is only an excel document.

2020-01-12 20_26_13-Документы — OneDrive.png
Which one are you talking about?

Super User
Super User

@uk141
Neither. What I am referring to is a SharePoint list. It can be populated with a table of data just like Excel.

You can add a New list from any SharePoint homepage.
uk141

You're talking in riddles. Here is the start page of the sharpoint, there is no "create list" button

2020-01-12 20_43_39-.png

Super User
Super User

@uk141
Riddles? Lol. Perhaps I am “with the faeries” then 😉 ;).

Here’s a link to an article that says how to create a new SharePoint list. My homepage is not the same as yours so these instructions will be better
https://support.office.com/en-us/article/create-a-list-in-sharepoint-0d397414-d95f-41eb-addd-5e6eff4...

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Coming Soon: T-Shirt Design Contest

Keep your eyes open for our upcoming T-shirt design contest!

thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,957)