cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

Search function

I want to connect the searchfield "Textinput3" to my Ticketsgallery. My wish is to be able  to search on several fields (almost 10 textbox) .

Can somebody help me? I am new with Power apps

ticketsgallery.jpgcriteria.jpgsearch field.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Search function

Hi @Djanan ,

The syntax for Search function is:

Search( Table, SearchString, Column1 [, Column2, ... ] )

• Table - Required. Table to search.
  • SearchString - Required. The string to search for. If blank or an empty string, all records are returned.
  • Column(s) - Required. The names of columns within Table to search. Columns to search must contain text. Column names must be strings and enclosed in double quotes. However, the column names must be static and cannot be calculated with a formula. If SearchString is found within the data of any of these columns as a partial match, the full record will be returned.

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

You could try using the Search() in the Ticketsgaller's Items property.

Search( 'The current Formula in the Items propery', Textinput3.Text, "ColumnName1", "ColumnName2" , "ColumnName3")

*You would as many "ColumnNames" as you would need.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Djanan ,

The syntax for Search function is:

Search( Table, SearchString, Column1 [, Column2, ... ] )

• Table - Required. Table to search.
  • SearchString - Required. The string to search for. If blank or an empty string, all records are returned.
  • Column(s) - Required. The names of columns within Table to search. Columns to search must contain text. Column names must be strings and enclosed in double quotes. However, the column names must be static and cannot be calculated with a formula. If SearchString is found within the data of any of these columns as a partial match, the full record will be returned.

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Demo-Extravaganza 2020

Check out these cool Power Apps & vote on your favorite!

secondImage

Robotic Process Automation

Let's talk about the solution provided by Microsoft for Robotic Process Automation (RPA)

secondImage

Community Highlights

Check out whats happening in Power Apps

secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,523)