cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Search in PowerApps

Hi all, I'm trying to create a search in PowerApps that functions a bit like SharePoint Online search (across lists, document libraries, and even in-text of documents) and I was wondering how to best do this? Should I use a flow in the background with an HTTP request? Should I use an azure function and a custom connector in PowerApps? Thank you kindly

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

Could you please share a bit more about your scenario?

Do you want to create a search functionality within an app to search across SP online lists, document libraries and even in-text of documents?

If you want to create a search functionality within an app to search across SP online lists, document libraries and even in-text of documents, I afraid that there is no direct way to achieve your needs in PowerApps currently.

As an alternative solution, you could consider take a try to custom a connector within your PowerApps based on SP list REST API, then add a action within it to do such search functionality.

More details about customizing connector in PowerApps, please check the following article:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/register-custom-api

More details about SharePoint Rest API, please check the following article:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sharepoint/dev/sp-add-ins/get-to-know-the-sharepoint-rest-service

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

Could you please share a bit more about your scenario?

Do you want to create a search functionality within an app to search across SP online lists, document libraries and even in-text of documents?

If you want to create a search functionality within an app to search across SP online lists, document libraries and even in-text of documents, I afraid that there is no direct way to achieve your needs in PowerApps currently.

As an alternative solution, you could consider take a try to custom a connector within your PowerApps based on SP list REST API, then add a action within it to do such search functionality.

More details about customizing connector in PowerApps, please check the following article:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/register-custom-api

More details about SharePoint Rest API, please check the following article:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sharepoint/dev/sp-add-ins/get-to-know-the-sharepoint-rest-service

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-xida-msft,

So the app I'm making is to manage meetings, people may hand in topics through the application which will be discussed during the meetings. The people with the right permissions may then approve or reject the topics up for discussion. Furthermore, for each topic certain tasks (called actions) will be added during the meetings. Afterwards, the meeting, all meetings notes will also be saved in SharePoint.

Thus, the lists that I have on SharePoint are the following (content type of list in parentheses):

1. A meetings list (content type event)
  2. Topics list (content type item)
  3. Attendees list (content type item)
  4. Actions list (content type task)

And a document library for any topic attachments (no content type).

As you stated the idea would be to create a search functionality within the app to search across all of those lists and documents libraries, and if possible in-text of those documents. Thanks already for the answer, I will look through those articles.

Chris

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,160)