cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AAK1
Helper I
Helper I

Search only working some of the time

I have an app that is working quite well, except for the search. It is searching a gallery. I'm looking through three fields based on input in a text box. Sometimes the search works perfectly well, other times the gallery is showing too many items, but if I delete one letter or number and then add it back in, it works fine. I can't find any reason for this. I tried using filter, but got the same intermittent problems. My code is below.

SortByColumns(Sort(Search('[dbo].[myTable]',txtSearch.Text, "Field1", "Field2", "Field3"),ID,Descending),"Field1")

I also tried

SortByColumns(Sort(Filter('[dbo].[myTable]',txtSearch.Text in Field1 || txtSearch.Text in Field2 || txtSearch.Text in  Field3),ID,Descending),"Field1")
10 REPLIES 10

Good point, my users are already getting used to backing out a character and re-entering it, so I may leave it like it is and hope that this is a bug that gets fixed.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Call June 2022 768x460.png

Power Platform Community Call

Join us for the next call on August 17, 2022 at 8am PDT.

Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Users online (4,463)