cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Praveenpk365
Frequent Visitor

'Search" Issue in Canvas App

Greetings!

I'm new to powerApps. I'm trying to implement the search functionality but, I'm getting some error, not sure what I'm missing. Can anyone please help me out ? (PFA)

Note: "searchAcctName" is the var I'm passsing from Another screen.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Oh yeah and within the OnChange of your textInput, make it
Set(searchAcctNameGlobal, TextSearchBox3.Text)

So that way the search will update if you edit it in this textInput as well

@iAm_ManCat

Please 'Mark as Solution' if someone's post answered your question and always 'Thumbs Up' the posts you like or that helped you!

Thanks!
You and everyone else in the community make it the awesome and welcoming place it is, keep your questions coming and make sure to 'like' anything that makes you 'Appy
Sancho Harker, MVP

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
iAm_ManCat
Super User II
Super User II

Instead of passing between screens, try setting a Global variable with

Set(searchAcctName, ValueToBeSet)

@iAm_ManCat

Please 'Mark as Solution' if someone's post answered your question and always 'Thumbs Up' the posts you like or that helped you!

Thanks!
You and everyone else in the community make it the awesome and welcoming place it is, keep your questions coming and make sure to 'like' anything that makes you 'Appy
Sancho Harker, MVP

@iAm_ManCat .. Tired but, still getting same error. PFA.

Ok not a problem - it looks like you are doing this within the OnSelect of the icon - the icon cannot have 'Accounts' data source as a condition within an If check on its OnSelect

- your txtInput should have a default of:

searchAcctNameGlobal

- and your Gallery should have an Items set to:

If(IsBlank(searchAcctNameGlobal), Accounts, Search(Accounts, searchAcctNameGlobal, "name"))

Also, just to confirm - the column name within your datasource is 'name' and is not a different internal name like 'AccountName'?

@iAm_ManCat

Thanks!
Sancho Harker, MVP

Hi @Praveenpk365 

I notice that you added this formula to the OnSelect property of your search icon. For the search to work, you need to set the Items property of BrowseGallery3 to this formula instead of the OnSelect property of the search icon.

image.png

Oh yeah and within the OnChange of your textInput, make it
Set(searchAcctNameGlobal, TextSearchBox3.Text)

So that way the search will update if you edit it in this textInput as well

@iAm_ManCat

Thanks!
Sancho Harker, MVP

View solution in original post

@Praveenpk365 - I only noticed that @iAm_ManCat said the same thing after I posted my reply. If you follow what @iAm_ManCat says, you'll be fine as he's really knowledgeable on all of this.

Thanks @timl - I noticed that you had written a similar response after I had edited my reply (great minds think alike and all that)

@iAm_ManCat

Thanks!
Sancho Harker, MVP

Yes, great minds indeed @iAm_ManCat!

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza is Back!

We are excited to announce that Demo Extravaganza for 2021 has started!

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Power Apps June 2021

June Power Apps Community Call

Don't miss the call this month on June 16th - 8a PDT

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (45,375)