Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FelipeCaru
Advocate V
Advocate V

Search text box with multiple criteria

Hello all,

I have a couple of questions:

First: Is it possible to replace in search 'special characters' such as "á", "é" and so on? Or that if someone writes "a" it will search both "a" and "á".

Second: I have the following gallery:

Filter(Consolidado_Piloto, Or(Lower(User().Email)=Lower('PowerApp Admin'), Lower(User().Email)=Lower('Responsable ARQ'), Lower(User().Email)=Lower('Responsable ING')) && Or(Lower('Nombre Tarea')=Lower(BTsearchbox.Text), Lower('Nombre Subtarea')=Lower(BTsearchbox.Text), Lower('Nombre Sub-Subtarea')=Lower(BTsearchbox.Text)))

However, it is not giving me any result, only if I write the whole word instead of partial result. Any way to change this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RandyHayes
Super User III
Super User III

@FelipeCaru 

If you are dealing with partial words, you will need to look at the StartsWith function or Search function.

If you are trying to find columns that start with part of your search text, then this formula will get you there:

Filter(Consolidado_Piloto, Or(
Lower(User().Email)=Lower('PowerApp Admin'),
Lower(User().Email)=Lower('Responsable ARQ'),
Lower(User().Email)=Lower('Responsable ING'))
&& Or(
StartsWith(Lower('Nombre Tarea'),Lower(BTsearchbox.Text)),
StartsWith(Lower('Nombre Subtarea'), Lower(BTsearchbox.Text)),
StartsWith(Lower('Nombre Sub-Subtarea')=Lower(BTsearchbox.Text))
)
)

If you are trying to find columns that have some of the text your searching for anywhere in them, then the Search function and this formula will get you there:

Search(
Filter(Consolidado_Piloto, Or( Lower(User().Email)=Lower('PowerApp Admin'), Lower(User().Email)=Lower('Responsable ARQ'), Lower(User().Email)=Lower('Responsable ING'))
),
BTsearchbox.Text,
'Nombre Tarea', 'Nombre Subtarea', 'Nombre Sub-Subtarea' )

Note that you cannot change the case of the columns you are searching in order to match lower to lower.

But, the search function will search regardless of case - so, you don't need to change case to search.

I hope this is helpful for you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Check out my PowerApps Videos too!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
RandyHayes
Super User III
Super User III

@FelipeCaru 

If you are dealing with partial words, you will need to look at the StartsWith function or Search function.

If you are trying to find columns that start with part of your search text, then this formula will get you there:

Filter(Consolidado_Piloto, Or(
Lower(User().Email)=Lower('PowerApp Admin'),
Lower(User().Email)=Lower('Responsable ARQ'),
Lower(User().Email)=Lower('Responsable ING'))
&& Or(
StartsWith(Lower('Nombre Tarea'),Lower(BTsearchbox.Text)),
StartsWith(Lower('Nombre Subtarea'), Lower(BTsearchbox.Text)),
StartsWith(Lower('Nombre Sub-Subtarea')=Lower(BTsearchbox.Text))
)
)

If you are trying to find columns that have some of the text your searching for anywhere in them, then the Search function and this formula will get you there:

Search(
Filter(Consolidado_Piloto, Or( Lower(User().Email)=Lower('PowerApp Admin'), Lower(User().Email)=Lower('Responsable ARQ'), Lower(User().Email)=Lower('Responsable ING'))
),
BTsearchbox.Text,
'Nombre Tarea', 'Nombre Subtarea', 'Nombre Sub-Subtarea' )

Note that you cannot change the case of the columns you are searching in order to match lower to lower.

But, the search function will search regardless of case - so, you don't need to change case to search.

I hope this is helpful for you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Check out my PowerApps Videos too!

View solution in original post

@RandyHayes 

That was indeed what I was looking for, thank you (:

(and worked)

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (17,601)