cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

Search with SharePoint list

I am building a PowerApp that has a SharePoint list with 14,000+ records in it as its data source.  I need my users to be able to search for a text string within a field.  However, the Search function is not delegable with SharePoint, so it only searches the first 500 records if I use the Search function.  The StartsWith function is delegable, but as I said, I need my users to be able to search for a text string within a field, not for a field that starts with the text string.

Being able to search records is such a common task, that I am thinking there must be some sort of workaround for this problem.  Can anyone help me?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

Re: Search with PowerPoint list

Thank you for your reply.  Since I posted this question, I figured out how to do what I needed.  Soon I will post what I did so others might benefit from it.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

Unfortunately, it turned out that I was wrong.  There is currently no way to search a SharePoint list that has more than 5,000 records for a text string contained in a field usig PowerApps.

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Workaround should be:

1. Cache the SharePoint list in collection within PowerApps,

2. Consider take use of Sort () and filter together.

Adding the delegation for reference:

Delegable data sources

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

Thank you for your reply.  Since I posted this question, I figured out how to do what I needed.  Soon I will post what I did so others might benefit from it.

Highlighted
Advocate I
Advocate I

@Joshann do you mind posting what you have done to resolve this concern?

Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

Unfortunately, it turned out that I was wrong.  There is currently no way to search a SharePoint list that has more than 5,000 records for a text string contained in a field usig PowerApps.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Check this Out

Helpful information

Featuring samples like Return to the Workplace and Emergency Response Applications

August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

We're excited to announce our first cross-community 'Can You Solve These?' challenge!

secondImage

Return to Workplace

Reopen responsibly, monitor intelligently, and protect continuously with solutions for a safer work environment.

secondImage

Super Users Coming in August

We are excited for the next Super User season.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (9,546)