cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

Search with SharePoint list

I am building a PowerApp that has a SharePoint list with 14,000+ records in it as its data source.  I need my users to be able to search for a text string within a field.  However, the Search function is not delegable with SharePoint, so it only searches the first 500 records if I use the Search function.  The StartsWith function is delegable, but as I said, I need my users to be able to search for a text string within a field, not for a field that starts with the text string.

Being able to search records is such a common task, that I am thinking there must be some sort of workaround for this problem.  Can anyone help me?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Thank you for your reply.  Since I posted this question, I figured out how to do what I needed.  Soon I will post what I did so others might benefit from it.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Unfortunately, it turned out that I was wrong.  There is currently no way to search a SharePoint list that has more than 5,000 records for a text string contained in a field usig PowerApps.

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Workaround should be:

1. Cache the SharePoint list in collection within PowerApps,

2. Consider take use of Sort () and filter together.

Adding the delegation for reference:

Delegable data sources

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted

Thank you for your reply.  Since I posted this question, I figured out how to do what I needed.  Soon I will post what I did so others might benefit from it.

Highlighted

@Joshann do you mind posting what you have done to resolve this concern?

Highlighted

Unfortunately, it turned out that I was wrong.  There is currently no way to search a SharePoint list that has more than 5,000 records for a text string contained in a field usig PowerApps.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,015)