cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Searching SharePoint Gallery List only returns "No item to display" in the PowerApps studio

Hello,

I'm stuck on attempting to get search results to return "Not item to display" when there are no records in a SharePoint list that match a search query. I get "No item to display" in the studio when previewing the app, but so far, in the office.com PowerApps app, the Windows desktop PowerApps app, and iPhone PowerApps app, I get a "Getting your data ..." and I never get a "No item to display". Please see screenshots below:

cweaver_0-1596239906181.png

What I get in the studio.

cweaver_1-1596240138221.png

What I get everywhere else.

The search function does work on all partial and full matches as best I've been able to test, but this one has me stumped. What am I missing?

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Re: Searching SharePoint Gallery List only returns "No item to display" in the PowerApps studio

@cweaver 
Please share your code in the Item property of the Form.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: Searching SharePoint Gallery List only returns "No item to display" in the PowerApps studio

Thanks for the quick response @mdevaney. Here's my Item property for the form:

SitesGallery.Selected

SitesGallery (on the left in the above pictures) is the name of my Gallery SharePoint list.

Highlighted
Super User
Super User

@cweaver 
Using that code, you would have to click on a result found in the gallery for the form to work.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

That's interesting, @mdevaney; I'm guessing, perhaps, the intended operation of the Gallery-Form combo was to have the gallery on one screen and the form on a different screen, not combined on one screen as I have. I exactly copied the coding and structure of this particular portion of the FlooringEstimates sample app; however, that app has the gallery on one screen and the form on another, so I'd have to do more surgery on that sample app than I'd care to to test my theory. A workaround for my issue I seem to have stumbled on, but seems a bit crude, is to have a label positioned on top of where "Getting your data ..." appears and have it's Visible and Text properties tied to an If(IsEmpty(Title1) statement; Title1 being the item label in my SitesGallery. Any other thoughts on how to achieve what I'm after?

Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @cweaver :

The combo of Gallery-Form can be in the same screen or in different screens.

I guess the cause of the problem lies in the items property of the gallery or the datasource property of the form.If their data sources are different, it is easy to cause this error.

Chould you show me:

• The gallery's item's property
  • The from's DataSource proeprty
  • The form's item property

Best Regards,

Bof

Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

@cweaver ,

I will confirm @mdevaney 's thoughts - I have exactly what you have on a a couple of "dashboard" apps and as you cannot "pre-select" a gallery item, I use the following workaround

Firstly, the Item of my form is 

Filter(
   List,
   ID=vID
)

The OnSelect of the Gallery

Set(vID,ThisItem.ID)

Then the OnVisible of the screen

Set(
    vID,
    First(GalleryName.AllItems).ID
)

so the first item in the gallery is displayed in the form when the screen is opened.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Helpful resources

Announcements
August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

We're excited to announce our first cross-community 'Can You Solve These?' challenge!

secondImage

Return to Workplace

Reopen responsibly, monitor intelligently, and protect continuously with solutions for a safer work environment.

secondImage

Super Users Coming in August

We are excited for the next Super User season.

secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,981)