Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jbjb247
Helper II
Helper II

Searching across two columns

Hi, 

Currently First & Last Name are in separate columns - I don't think I'll be able to alter this due to this being the way that the original data table is set up (and will need to keep being added to each week so need to keep the current format ideally).

The search bar at the top will give me a result on 'John' or 'Smith', but not 'John Smith' due to the names being in different columns.

I'm looking for a workaround for this.  I've experimented with concatenate without any success at the moment.  Powerapps doesn't seem to like me using it within a search function and I'm not able to use concatenate in the original data table either with that not supporting formulas.

Any ideas much appreciated 🙂

Thank you 🙂

1 REPLY 1
WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Hi @jbjb247 ,

I will call the dataset StaffNames, the text search SearchTxt and the columns Surname and GivenName)

Gallery Items property would be 

Filter(
   StaffNames,
   IsMatch (Surname, SearchTxt.Text, IgnoreCase) &&
   IsMatch (GivenName, SearchTxt.Text, IgnoreCase)
)

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more. It also closes the item.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,507)