cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bees
Regular Visitor

Searching with multiple key words

Hi, I'm building an app that will eventually be a searchable databse of undergraduate theses. At the moment I'm using the template provided by powerapps which is actually very similar to the style of databse I had envisaged. 

I'm having an issue with the search box. Ideally I would like to be able to enter multiple search terms seperated by a comma or even just a space which returns all cases that contain these terms. The search function I have come up with based on information in these forums is:

SortByColumns(Search(Table1_1,TextSearchBox1.Text,"Abstract","Author","Supervisor(s)","Project_x0020_Title"),
"Year", If(SortDescending1, Descending, Ascending))

When I enter a term like "biofilm" in the box it searches the columns "Abstract","Author","Supervisor(s)" and "Project Title" and returns any case containing the word biofilm in these 4 columns.

This is great but ideally I would like to be able to enter multiple search terms in the text box, for example "biofilm", "Smith", "ecotoxicology" to return any cases which contain these three words. Is this possible to do in Powerapps? At the moment if I enter multiple terms and the words aren't consecutive then the search returns a blank. So for example if I enter "john" "smith", projects by john smith are returned; however if I enter "smith" "ecotoxicology" then there is no cases returned.

Thanks!

30 REPLIES 30

I got this working using collections (check this article and this post if you need more than 2000 rows in your collection) and @CalfordMath solution to filtering a gallery using search words in any order 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (87,744)