Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
thb65
Helper I
Helper I

Second DetailScreen2

Hi ,

I am struggling to get a second DetailScreen (DetailScreen2) operational.

The idea is to navigate from DetailScreen 1 record (Name, Address, Mobile all  in Sharepoint Document Library A) to DetailScreen2 of similar person Name but then with details from Sharepoint Doc Library B.  A child from  DetailsScreen 1 ? 

Any help is welcome please.

thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Jeffer Ni,

Thanks for guidance - still not clear for me. I will clarify on my side:

The objective is to show a CV/resume of either 2 or 3 pages for "selected" person in BrowseScreen 1 on DetailsScreen2 with a scroll feature. (scrolling from page 1 to page 2 to page 3)

Situation:

First Screen is the BrowseScreen1  with a BrowseGallery1 connected to a Sharepoint Library A containing  jpg picture files of the persons and metadata of the persons such as FirstName, LastName, Email, Country etc

When clicking in the BrowseGallery1 on NextArrow3 then property OnSelect: Select(Parent) navigates to the DetailScreen1 with all kind of DetailForm1 and DataCards.

All fine , but I added a NextArrow to navigate to DetailScreen2. 

What I want is in DetailScreen2 to show the CV page1.jpg and CVpage2.jpg and CVpage3.jpg of the Selected person : the issue is that the CVpages are stored in a separate Sharepoint Library B.

If I use property in DetailScreen2 Gallery1  Image1 property: BrowseGallery1.Selected.Thumbnail.Large then i see the face of the Selected person ( which is also shown in BrowseGallery1 and DetailScreen1). Actually I do want to see CVpage 1 , 2 and 3 !

I know I have to:

* change the DataSource for DetailScreen2 to Sharepoint list B (which has the CVpage1,CVpage2,CVpage3 for all persons). How ? Some have only 2 pages other have 3 pages . How?

* After changing DataSource to Sharepoint B use a lookup function ? for Image  or Item ? to select the same person as in BrowsScreen1/BrowseGallery1 ? How to do that ?  Or something else ?

* And Then how to make the CVpage 1,2, and /or 3 jpg visible for the selected person.

Thanks

thb65

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-jefferni
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @thb65 ,

Could you please share more details about your scenario? Would you like to use a button to navigate from current detail screen to another detail screen? What do you mean by “similar name”? What columns type of the two name column in that two libraries?

If the 2 columns are both Person type column and they have same names in that two libraries, you could apply below formula on the navigating button:

Navigate(DetailScreen2, ScreenTransition.None,{varName:NameDataCardValue.Selected.DisplayName})

And the Item of View Form in DetailScreen2 need set to:

LookUp(‘Library B’,Name.DisplayName= varName)

As per you mentioned similar name, maybe they are text column in both libraries? If so, navigating button modify to:

Navigate(DetailScreen2, ScreenTransition.None,{varName:NameDataCardValue.Text})

Item of View Form in DetailScreen2:

LookUp(‘Library B’, Name = varName)

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Jeffer Ni
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it.

Hi Jeffer Ni,

Thanks for guidance - still not clear for me. I will clarify on my side:

The objective is to show a CV/resume of either 2 or 3 pages for "selected" person in BrowseScreen 1 on DetailsScreen2 with a scroll feature. (scrolling from page 1 to page 2 to page 3)

Situation:

First Screen is the BrowseScreen1  with a BrowseGallery1 connected to a Sharepoint Library A containing  jpg picture files of the persons and metadata of the persons such as FirstName, LastName, Email, Country etc

When clicking in the BrowseGallery1 on NextArrow3 then property OnSelect: Select(Parent) navigates to the DetailScreen1 with all kind of DetailForm1 and DataCards.

All fine , but I added a NextArrow to navigate to DetailScreen2. 

What I want is in DetailScreen2 to show the CV page1.jpg and CVpage2.jpg and CVpage3.jpg of the Selected person : the issue is that the CVpages are stored in a separate Sharepoint Library B.

If I use property in DetailScreen2 Gallery1  Image1 property: BrowseGallery1.Selected.Thumbnail.Large then i see the face of the Selected person ( which is also shown in BrowseGallery1 and DetailScreen1). Actually I do want to see CVpage 1 , 2 and 3 !

I know I have to:

* change the DataSource for DetailScreen2 to Sharepoint list B (which has the CVpage1,CVpage2,CVpage3 for all persons). How ? Some have only 2 pages other have 3 pages . How?

* After changing DataSource to Sharepoint B use a lookup function ? for Image  or Item ? to select the same person as in BrowsScreen1/BrowseGallery1 ? How to do that ?  Or something else ?

* And Then how to make the CVpage 1,2, and /or 3 jpg visible for the selected person.

Thanks

thb65

View solution in original post

thb65
Helper I
Helper I

Hi Jeffer Ni,

You helped me a lot. 

After a full weekend digging and re-doing the  Learning Path https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/learn/paths/work-with-data-in-a-canvas-app/  I managed to come to a simple solution:

In the DetailScreen2 the Image property : Lookup( SharepointListB, PersonID = BrowseGallery1.Selected.PersonID And IDCV = "1" ).Thumbnail.Large

Sharepoint List B library has CVs of the people and I created a Filename Column, PersonID Column and a IDCV Column. 

The PersonID Column has exactly the same PersonID as in Sharepoint Library A for the same person

The IDCV is a page indicator: page 1,2,3,4

I am happy it works ! The CVs are filed as multiple jpg pages of the pdf. It is a pity that the site has Multi Authentication, therefore I cannot use PDFViewer. Also I did not want to use Flow  - but this is a workable solution. 

thanks

thb65

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Power Apps Community Call Jan. 2022 768x460.png

Power Apps Community Call

Please join us on Wednesday, January 19th, at 8a PDT. Come and learn from our amazing speakers!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,243)