cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CliveMM
Helper I
Helper I

Second Sharepoint List in PowerApp has blank fields - "this formula uses scope which is not presently supported for evaluation"

Hi All

This is the first time I am using multiple sharepoint lists in power apps.

I set up 2 x lists in the same site in Shrepoint.  one called JobsMast and the other JobItems. I created the default App with JobsMast and got the Browse/detail & edit screen all working fine.

I then insert a new form and connect it to the second list in share point caleed JobItems, but no data come through.  The two list are not joined, at least not yet) . I have tried the Item=Defaults('JobItems')  suggestion put that did not help. The data table displays in the below the formula box. I think this message which I get quite often may be something to do with it and I would appriciate any further help or suggestions

"this formula uses scope which is not presently supported for evaluation"

I keep seeing the message "this formula uses scope which is not presently supported for evaluation"

Help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

To post changes in the child gallery you would need to use a ForAll(Patch()) statement. You can't submit a gallery of changes.  The other option is to create another screen that would edit the child record.  Then let the user select a record from the child gallery and navigate to that screen, make changes, and submit those changes when you navigate back.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Pstork1
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

If JobsMast is a parent to JobItems then you probably want to add a gallery for JobItems rather than a form.  Then set the View form.  Then set the Gallery's  Items property to be 

Filter(JobItems, ForeignKey = Gallery.Selected.ForeignKey)

ForeignKey is whatever field ties the two lists together logically, Like JobID if there is one.

v-xida-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @CliveMM ,

Could you please share a bit more about your scenario?

Is there a relationship between the JobsMast List and the JobItems List?

Do you want the new Edit form to load data from your JobItems List?

If one record in JobsMast List only matching single one record in JobItems List, please consider take a try with the following workaround:

Set the Item property of the new Edit form to following:

LookUp('JobItems List', JobId = BrowseGallery1.Selected.ID)

If the JobId column in your JobItems column is a LookUp column, please modify above formula as below:

LookUp('JobItems List', JobId.Value = BrowseGallery1.Selected.ID)

Note: I assume that the JobId column in your JobItems List reference values from the ID column in your JobsMast.

Set the DefaultMode property of the new Edit form to following:

FormMode.Edit

Set the DataSource property of the new Edit form to your JobItems List.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

There needs to be a link between JobsMast and JobItems, but I have not addd that at this stage.  I have added a colum to JobItems to store the jobMastID on each row. 

1. Does sharepont have the option to link up Lists?  If so I cant find anything in share point.  If there is something please let me know else I will just filter the JobItem rows on the JobMastID

And yes I want the new edit for to load records from JobItems where the JobMastID matches the JobMast.ID in the previous BrowseGallery.

Thanks Paul, If I use a Gally in Edit mode how do I post it as SubmitForm() only accepts a form not a gallery

Regards

Clive

To post changes in the child gallery you would need to use a ForAll(Patch()) statement. You can't submit a gallery of changes.  The other option is to create another screen that would edit the child record.  Then let the user select a record from the child gallery and navigate to that screen, make changes, and submit those changes when you navigate back.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Power Platform Call June 2022 768x460.png

Power Platform Community Call

Join us for the next call on June 15, 2022 at 8am PDT.

PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

PA.JPG

New Release Planning Portal (Preview)

Check out our new release planning portal, an interactive way to plan and prepare for upcoming features in Power Platform.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,564)