cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KERGGA
Frequent Visitor

Securing sensitive content (breaking security inheritance?) within PowerApps / Teams?

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-apps/guidance/planning/security is helpful, but doesn't explain whether the internal MS Teams admin can bypass any/all of these levels. I am assuming that a Teams admin can access anything (any chat, any teams group, etc.) if they needed/wanted. When setting field level security, does that break inheritance, or would a system admin retain access to everything even if they are not explicitly added in form/records security per the link above?

Scenario: "Team ABC" is responsible for managing highly sensitive data, and there is an opportunity to build out some automation within Teams to improve their workflow.  The data is so sensitive, even that company's internal MS Teams admin(s) should not be able to access/read the contents (pick your example; risk of insider trading, M&A, public company strategy, HR data, etc.). 

If you wanted to use the Teams platform for this scenario but had to ensure the data was reasonably secured from all unapproved eyeballs (e.g. it would pass an external data security audit), how would you do it?

Ultimately the purpose of this question is to determine if we should invest time/effort in using Teams/PowerApps for our scenario.

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
BCBuizer
Super User
Super User

Hi @KERGGA ,

Is this what you are looking for? https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-platform/admin/about-teams-environment#role-assignments

Did you like my post? Please give it a thumbs up! Did I resolve your issue? Please click Accept as Solution to close the topic and so other members of the community can find solutions more easily.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
BCBuizer
Super User
Super User

Hi @KERGGA ,

Is this what you are looking for? https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-platform/admin/about-teams-environment#role-assignments

Did you like my post? Please give it a thumbs up! Did I resolve your issue? Please click Accept as Solution to close the topic and so other members of the community can find solutions more easily.
KERGGA
Frequent Visitor

Definitely on topic - I'm going to have to read it again, slowly. As I continued down the page it does look like there are some good options, but I'm not knowledgeable enough yet to understand whether those are at the discretion of the PowerApps developer, or if the SysAdmin has to institute those policy changes for a team or app.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps Africa Challenge 2022

Power Apps Africa Challenge

Your chance to join an engaging competition of Power Platform enthusiasts.

Super User 2 - 2022 Congratulations

Welcome Super Users

The Super User program for 2022 - Season 2 has kicked off!

September Events 2022

Check out all of these events

Attend in person or online, there are incredible conferences and events happening all throughout the month of September.

Government Carousel

New forum: GCC, GCCH, DoD - Federal App Makers (FAM)

In response to the unique and evolving requirements of the United States public sector, Microsoft has created Power Apps US Government.

Users online (4,436)