cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Frequent Visitor

Security roles and Create, Delete, Assign, Share buttons behaving strangely

This seems like a bug to me but I'm not sure of the cause

I am building a custom model driven app, with four security roles

When the person testing is assigned a security role which should not be able to delete a particular entity record, they can see the "Delete" button on the entity but receive an error when they try to click it: "You do not have prvDeletePrefix_EntityName"

Likewise they can see buttons to Create, Assign and Share but receive an error when their security role does not allow it

BUT, when they use a security role which DOES have the delete privilege for a custom entity, they can't see the Delete button!!

The most bizarre thing is that when the user tries to perform the same action via the Advanced Find, the app applies the security role correctly and the buttons are only visible if the user has the privilege to perform that action.

What's going on here? Is it something that Publish all customisations will fix or are there bugs with the ways these buttons work in Model Driven Apps?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Frequent Visitor

The tester tried the same tests again today in incognito mode and that appears to have resolved the issues

Not sure what happened the first time but perhaps they got their mixed up between incognito and normal windows

So it looks like this was down to browser caching

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Frequent Visitor

This happened when the user was switched from one to another several times in one day so I wonder if there's some kind of server side cache which is getting mixed up and causing the problem?

The tester has tried clearing browser cache, restarting laptop, incognito mode, different browser and still can get the same issues

Any ideas?

Frequent Visitor

The tester tried the same tests again today in incognito mode and that appears to have resolved the issues

Not sure what happened the first time but perhaps they got their mixed up between incognito and normal windows

So it looks like this was down to browser caching

View solution in original post

Hi,

I am glad that you were able to get this resolved. This definitely looks like some odd cashing issue. Hopefully this will prove to be useful for future communities users. Thanks for the follow up!

Regards,

Alex

-------

Community Support Team _ Alex Rezac
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call- January

Mark your calendars and join us for the next Power Apps Community Call on January 20th, 8a PST

PP Bootcamp Carousel

Global Power Platform Bootcamp

Dive into the Power Platform stack with hands-on sessions and labs, virtually delivered to you by experts and community leaders.

secondImage

Power Platform Community Conference On Demand

Watch Nick Doelman's session from the 2020 Power Platform Community Conference on demand!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,760)