Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Secury All user - Gateway

Hi everyone!

I work in Brazil and all employees in the administrative area of ​​all units around the globe have access to PowerApps. We started using PowerApps here at the unit in Brazil, but I came across a security problem. We will use a local SQL Server database (On-demand), where we install a Gateway on the server to enable this access bridge and we use the SQL Serve connector, this connector uses a SQL Server Authentication user, until now perfect, we managed connect and access data. However, when I develop the application and share it with other users, this opens a security breach in accessing the SQL Server Database, because when I share the application, it is necessary to automatically share the SQL Server connector and this user ends up having access to the entire database, allowing him to create his application to manipulate my application data. Is there another, safer way to make the connection to the database, where it is in the Back-end, hidden from the user, without the need for him to have access to the connector, something in this sense?

Ty!

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Secury All user - Gateway

Hi @Danilo-ES-BR :

Currently, SQL Server connector supports Active Directory authentication, but considering that you are using the gateway(local SQL Sever database), I am afraid that your requirements are difficult to achieve .Once the "Can Use" Permission of this connection is granted to a user, the user can call this connection by creating his own app.

(users can create their own apps and call your shared connection to modify data).

The way I can think of at present is to migrate the data to azure datebase or CDS which supports identity authentication data sources.

In addition,maybe you have seen these posts already, but I would suggest that anyone affected by this vote on these ideas. I think this would be the most effective route towards progressing a fix for this issue.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Ideas/Making-SQL-Connector-Secure/idi-p/112599

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Ideas/Removing-user-ability-to-access-data-source-with...

Best Regards,

Bof

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Tech Marathon

Maratón de Soluciones de Negocio Microsoft

Una semana de contenido con +100 sesiones educativas, consultorios, +10 workshops Premium, Hackaton, EXPO, Networking Hall y mucho más!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,541)