cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Select Button to clear ComboBox Selected Data

Edit: This appears to not work as my ComboBox1 is linked to a column in a SharePoint List datasource as opposed to a manual string. If anyone knows how to do this please let me know!

I have a button: Button1

I have a combobox: ComboBox1

When I select Button1 I want whatever data has been selected in ComboBox1 to clear.

For Button1, I have the following on the OnSelect property: Reset(ComboBox1)

For ComboBox1, the Default property is blank.

This fails to reset it to blank. Am I missing something here?

13 REPLIES 13

@Anonymous 

So, I'm not really clear what the Choice Column is doing for you in this case.  If it is a lookup column that you are trying to use, then your ComboBox would have the items property set to the formula that would populate it from the PriceList list.  

BUT, this is all about populating the combobox with items.  The real question is...where are you saving this information and what kind of column is that?  The choice column is not going to do you any good here.  

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
NOTE: My normal response times will be Mon to Fri from 1 PM to 10 PM UTC (and lots of other times too!)
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

Really want to show your appreciation? Buy Me A Cup Of Coffee!
Anonymous
Not applicable

@RandyHayes I have to use a choice column as I have reached my limit of LookUp columns. 

The information is saving to a SharePoint List"Event Form".

Items property for the ComboBox is: Sort(Choices('Event Form'.PriceZoneLookup),Ascending) And this displays all the items in my PriceLevelDirectory SharePoint list.

Both "Event Form" and "PriceLevelDirectory" are SharePoint lists.

Thanks anyway for you're help I'm sure I will find a way to do this somehow.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Option 2 worked in my scenario.  Thanks

@Rebetcha  Thank you verymuch for the solution. I used the second option 💪

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,542)