cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Resolver II
Resolver II

Select Flow from Power Automate Action - Show Full Flow Name

Can we PLEASE show the full flow name when adding a flow in PowerApps. The current panel only shows about 20 +/- characters. In my naming convention (for calling SQL stored procedures), that sometimes is not enough to differentiate, the end has the action of _Put or _Get and that is not visible. Is there a way to see this or just plain guess? Even when you hover over it doesn't display the fullname. Anybody know a workaround or does this need to be added to the backlog of ideas?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

Do you have an image of what you are trying to do.  I do know there is a connector that can pull Flow Names, but I am not sure where you are pulling the information from and how it is being displayed in the Power App.

Highlighted

I am adding a button to a screen. Then in the OnSelect property, I click on Power Automate under the Action menu.

Adding Power Automate flow to OnSelect propertyAdding Power Automate flow to OnSelect property

This provides a list of existing Flows in your environment that you want to call when clicking the button. This list does not display enough of the name and the full name is not shown in a hover over either.

Flow names are truncated due to lengthFlow names are truncated due to length

And clicking the ellipsis only provide an Edit button..

Ellipsis.png

If we had an experience similar for adding Flows like we do for adding other connectors or SQL tables, it would be much easier.  Add by searching and the ability to refresh after the Flow was updated.

Working with PowerApps that call Flows in development (i.e flows are being changed) is very, very cumbersome. This is just one aspect. I'd love to see it get some attention.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

This is driving me insane at the moment.

My workaround is to inspect the element in the browser and looking it up that way.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (9,668)