cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Resolver II
Resolver II

Select Label Text on focus

Thank you for taking the time to read my question.

Is it possible to select the value that already exists inside a label or a Text Input when it receives the focus? 

On my Screen I have a drop down. When the user selects a value from the drop down I set the focus to my label. The Label's Text value is a Lookup, so I want to select the returned value when the label receives the focus.

Thanks!

12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted

Do you want to literally copy the text or simply provide that as a starting point and allow users to override? Sorry if thats a dumb question. Just trying to understand the exact use case. 

I have one other idea before I test it out. Add a label and then a text input control on top of it. Set the labels text to be based on the dropdown as discussed previously using Lookup(based on DropDown value selected by user))​;, then set the text input control's fill property to:

If(IsBlank(Self.Text), Transparent, White)

This was, when the focus is set on the text input control, they will see the text and can start typing in since the focus will be set on the text input control. 

I will still try this out if this doesn't solve your use case since it sounds very interesting 🙂

---
If you like this reply, please give kudos. And if this solves your problem, please accept this reply as the solution.

Thanks!
Hardit Bhatia
Microsoft Business Applications MVP
https://thepoweraddict.com

Highlighted

Hi, sorry for my slow reply. I was called into other tasks but am back now.

Yes I literally want to copy the value that is derived after the user makes selections from the dropdown boxes. We need to paste it into another system. This is a crude way of doing things I know but we have no other choice at the moment. 

Thanks again

Highlighted

Hi @iwonder 

If you really want the ability to copy text from Power Apps, this might be useful for you: 

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Webinars-and-Video-Gallery/Power-Apps-Copy-Text-To-Clipboard/td-...

Not sure how critical this functionality is for you, but may be worth an analysis to figure out if using a PCF control for this will be something that works for you. 

Let me know if this helps. 

---
If you like this reply, please give kudos (Thumbs Up). And if this solves your problem, please mark this reply as a solution by selecting Accept as Solution. This makes it easier for others to find answers to similar questions. 

Thanks!

Hardit Bhatia

Microsoft Business Applications MVP

Blog | Twitter | LinkedIn | Facebook | YouTube  |  Email

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (12,131)