Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper IV
Helper IV

Select(Parent) on different Browse Screens

Hello.

I have few different Browse screens and each of them shows items with different Status (filter by status value)

Annotation 2020-06-24 201056.png

All of them I made as a copy of default Browse screen.

But when I select an item on these screens it follows me on wrong item.

Annotation 2020-06-24 201916.png

on the default BrowseScreen1 it works correctly.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

@ppl 

Add this code before the Navigate function in the OnSelect property:

Set(varRecordID, ThisItem.ID)

Now go to your form displaying the wrong information and put this code in the Item property

LookUp(your_datasource_name, ID=varRecordID)

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

What happens when you click it? And what is the formula for the parent's (gallery) onSelect

Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

@ppl 
Instead of looking at the code in the OnSelect property of the icon you need to look at the OnSelect property of the gallery.  It will need to be changed for each gallery you copied.  Select(Parent) refers to the OnSelect property of the Gallery.

If you need help be sure to post a screenshot here.

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

Highlighted

@ZabiBabar @mdevaney 

OnSelect is Navigate(DetailScreen1, ScreenTransition.None) in all my Screens galleries.

When I click an arrow it follows me to the first item in my list, and not to that which I choose.

Highlighted

@ppl 

Add this code before the Navigate function in the OnSelect property:

Set(varRecordID, ThisItem.ID)

Now go to your form displaying the wrong information and put this code in the Item property

LookUp(your_datasource_name, ID=varRecordID)

---

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

@ppl It is always taking you to the details screen of the first item because your item property on the detail screen is probably tied to only one screen, probably the first one that you created.

However, what you want to do is change the items property dynamically depending on which item is selected on any screen. Storing the selected item in a variable and using that variable on the details screen's form's item property should work. 

1. Use the formula below on the right arrow icon on each browse screen:

Navigate(DetailScreen1, ScreenTransition.None, {(SelectedItem: ThisItem)});

2. Use the formula below on the details screen's form's items property:

SelectedItem

Best,
Zabi
Mark this post as a solution, or kudo it if you found it be helpful. You can choose more than multiple answers as solutions, including your own answer. 🙂

Highlighted

Hello again.

@mdevaneyyour solution works correctly first time but after some tests it works time to time. Sometimes I see something like this when I choose an item

Annotation 2020-07-06 190955.png

@ZabiBabar 

where I need to define this variable?

I put this in my Arrow

Annotation 2020-07-06 191039.png

and this to an Item property in my DetailScreen

Annotation 2020-07-06 191517.png

but it has red underline

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,902)