Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bakgou1
Helper I
Helper I

Select each item in Gallery automatically

Hi,

I've a gallery with collection of dates (10 items). On select of each item (manual selection) in gallery, it will display an image. Is there a way with help of Timer,  we can automatically select each item  every 5 seconds in gallery and display the image. 

Please help! Thank you!

3 REPLIES 3
TheRobRush
Super User
Super User

You can only select one item at a time in a gallery, if you would like all item's to appear selected at same time you need to add in an extra column and manipulate that then set your visual identifiers that make something look selected to reference that hidden column.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Like my answer? - Hit that Thumbs Up. Resolved the Issue? - Hit Accept as Solution.
This helps others find solutions to future issues!

Hi @TheRobRush,

I would like to select one item in gallery at a time using a timer. How do I loop through the gallery and select one item after another using timer? Any clue? 

The scenario is: User will click on "Start" button, which triggers the timer with 5 seconds duration. OnTimerEnd, I want to run the OnSelect of item in gallery to display the image. In next 5 seconds, I want the timer to select the second item and do the OnSelect. 

Hope this helps!

Thank you in advance.

TheRobRush
Super User
Super User

Same thing, you will need to add a column to your gallery data, something liek ItemCount, per se. then use that as your reference instead of thisitem.isselected, it would be ThisItem.ItemCount=1 or 2 etc whatever current focus is. Timer will increment a variable say itemcountVar by 1 until it hits max items of gallery, then reset it to 1. Selecting an item in gallery would also set itemcountVar to thisitem.ItemCount

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Like my answer? - Hit that Thumbs Up. Resolved the Issue? - Hit Accept as Solution.
This helps others find solutions to future issues!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,060)