cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Select function and Visibility

I've begun using the Select function and I think it rocks! I'm having one issue though. 

• I'm keeping all my long Collect, Reset, Patch functions in OnSelect Properties of Buttons in an offscreen (hidden) menu
  • Then calling Select in the app to execute these functions

Unfortunately, when I execute the Select function on one of these Buttons, the hidden menu appears. Is there a way to Select a hidden button without it becoming visible? (hope this makes sense). 

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Select function and Visibility

Hi @ericonline,

What is the formula of the Visible property of this hidden button? I simply set with below configuration:

Button1.Visible=false
Button1.OnSelect=ClearCollect(Collection1,List)
Button2.OnSelect=Select(Button1)

I cannot reproduce your issue. When I select Button2, ClearCollect function runs and Button1 remains invisible. 

If you have different configuration, please correct me.

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Re: Select function and Visibility

Hi @v-monli-msft

The Visible property of the hidden button is varDebugForms.

The Visible property of the hidden menu is varDebugMenu. 

When I execute Select(hiddenButton) as part of another control, the debug menu shows itself and the entire view of my app shifts left the width of the debug menu. 

I'd love to show you a clear video, but the app is confidential. Here is a blurred version. Hopefully it gets the point across. 

debugMenuJump-min.gif

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Watch Now

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,633)