Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bimtng
Helper I
Helper I

Select images on ipad

Hi all.

I have an app that works fine in Windows and android with my user, and i can select images from the photo gallery of the phone or windows drives. When I use it on an Ipad, this device does not show me the local folders of the ipad. He shows just icloud or Google drive, but not the local memory taken photos in the device.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
mr-dang
Community Champion
Community Champion

@hpkeong and I sent a help ticket to PA in Ticket #2135 about image problems. That's when I mentioned that Camera Roll was missing for the iPad AddImage control. I'm taking a guess here, but it could be a licensing or proprietary thing that Microsoft needs to work out with Apple to show the Camera Roll. Also, my iPad's camera doesn't use the crisp camera that other iPad apps use. 

From a post in November, they last said they were working on revising ways to save images back to a datasource. Having PA understand the image that you import (should it be blob?) directly impacts how it can be saved. So I think they could be linked problems, but that is my speculation.

Microsoft Employee
@8bitclassroom

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
mr-dang
Community Champion
Community Champion

Yes: this has been the case for as long as I remember. Viewing "more options" just shows other services I've connected to it, but not the Camera Roll.

Microsoft Employee
@8bitclassroom

Frustration again.

There are many important old known bugs that are not solved yet. I find it weird.

Thanks anyway por the info.

mr-dang
Community Champion
Community Champion

@hpkeong and I sent a help ticket to PA in Ticket #2135 about image problems. That's when I mentioned that Camera Roll was missing for the iPad AddImage control. I'm taking a guess here, but it could be a licensing or proprietary thing that Microsoft needs to work out with Apple to show the Camera Roll. Also, my iPad's camera doesn't use the crisp camera that other iPad apps use. 

From a post in November, they last said they were working on revising ways to save images back to a datasource. Having PA understand the image that you import (should it be blob?) directly impacts how it can be saved. So I think they could be linked problems, but that is my speculation.

Microsoft Employee
@8bitclassroom

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,462)