Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mo_Islam
Helper III
Helper III

Select multiple calendar dates from

Hi,

I have downloaded and worked through this guidance to build an interactive calendar component. There are a few things I need help with if someone could help please:

1. I cannot seem to select dates on a Saturday for some reason, how could I change the formulas to allow this?
  2. For the selected range of dates, I want to add each date in to a collection or list gallery as items.
    How can I do this?
  3. Finally, I also want to understand how can I remove the range selection and make it so each selected date is highlighted and put in the collection/list gallery. e.g. selecting 7th, 12th, 18th and 29th would highlight those dates and add the selected to my collection or in the gallery.

Thank you so much in advance.

Sorry I forgot to add the link of the component I am using:
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/archive/blogs/davidni/building-an-interactive-calendar-view-with-po...

@KrishnaV  I'm not using the datepicker but the component in the link above. Sorry, hopefully this will help you understand better.

5 REPLIES 5
KrishnaV
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @Mo_Islam ,

Please find below my comments for each of your requirements:

1. I cannot seem to select dates on a Saturday for some reason, how could I change the formulas to allow this? - Not able to reproduce in my local so please provide the formula you are using for this.
2. For the selected range of dates, I want to add each date in to a collection or list gallery as items.
How can I do this? - use the below formula in onChange event of the date picker 

Collect(collDates,{selDate:DatePicker1.SelectedDate})​

3. Finally, I also want to understand how can I remove the range selection and make it so each selected date is highlighted and put in the collection/list gallery. e.g. selecting 7th, 12th, 18th and 29th would highlight those dates and add the selected to my collection or in the gallery. - This is not possible in Power Apps since the date picker is a single selection control, you can't select more than one date at a time.

I hope this resolved your issue if you see any challenge/need further help please let me know I am always happy to do it for my community.

Regards,
KrishnaV
Business Applications MVP, Microsoft Certified Trainer
Twitter | Linkedin | YouTube | GitHub
If this post helps you give a and if it solved your issue consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members / new members of the community.

Sorry I forgot to add the link of the component I am using:
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/archive/blogs/davidni/building-an-interactive-calendar-view-with-po...

@KrishnaV  I'm not using the datepicker but the component in the link above. Sorry, hopefully this will help you understand better.

KrishnaV
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @Mo_Islam ,

Thank you for sharing the link for the article and the source you are using. I need to understand the code changes you made in your environment after you downloaded the app.

I hope this resolved your issue if you see any challenge/need further help please let me know I am always happy to do it for my community.

Regards,
KrishnaV
Business Applications MVP, Microsoft Certified Trainer
Twitter | Linkedin | YouTube | GitHub
If this post helps you give a and if it solved your issue consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members / new members of the community.

Hi,

I've just downloaded the app from the link and made no changes at all.

I just want to change it so I can select dates and add to a collection.

Thanks,

Jean_9681
Helper II
Helper II

@Mo_Islam 
The link provided in this page no longer has the app template to download 
if you still have the app can you please share ? 

Thank you

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Call June 2022 768x460.png

Power Platform Community Call

Join us for the next call on August 17, 2022 at 8am PDT.

Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Users online (1,849)