cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Techgallagher
Helper I
Helper I

Select multiple values from a combo box and display in data table

I have a data table that is currently able to dynamically filter off of a bunch of different measurements. Recently, we have added a specifications column in our data table and we want to be able to select multiple values from it and have the data table reflect that. Currently it only works if we select one value from the specifications combo box. Any advice would be appreciated. 

Here is the formula in the specifications combo box

SortByColumns(
    Distinct(
        Search(
            Filter(
                _masterCollectionAll,
                (material_family = 'Compound Selection_1'.Selected.Result && parent_category = Part_Select_Gallery.Selected.Parent_x0020_Category_x0020_Code && sub_category = Part_Select_Gallery.Selected.Subcategory_x0020_Code) &&
                (_outerDiameter = 0 || outer_diameter = _outerDiameter) &&
                (_innerDiameter = 0 || inner_diameter = _innerDiameter) &&
                (_crossSectionMeas = 0|| cross_section = _crossSectionMeas) &&
                (IsBlank(_durMeasurement) || durometer = _durMeasurement) &&
                (IsBlank(_materialCompound) || material_compound = _materialCompound) &&
                (IsBlank(_materialManuf) || material_manufacturer = _materialManuf) &&
                (IsBlank(_color) && color <> Blank()) || color = _color),
            'Part Number/Description Searchbox_3'.Text,"item_id","item_desc","size"),
        specifications).Result,
"Result", Ascending)

Here is the code currently on the data table: 

SortByColumns(
    Search(
        Filter(_masterCollectionAll,
        (material_family = 'Compound Selection_1'.Selected.Result && parent_category = Part_Select_Gallery.Selected.Parent_x0020_Category_x0020_Code && sub_category = Part_Select_Gallery.Selected.Subcategory_x0020_Code),
        (IsBlank(outerdd_3.Selected.Result) || outer_diameter = outerdd_3.Selected.Result),
        (IsBlank(innerdd_3.Selected.Result) || inner_diameter = innerdd_3.Selected.Result),
        (IsBlank(cross_sectiondd_3.Selected.Result) || cross_section = cross_sectiondd_3.Selected.Result),
        (IsBlank(mat_compounddd_3.Selected.Result) || material_compound = mat_compounddd_3.Selected.Result),
        (IsBlank(durometer_dd_1.Selected.Result) || durometer = durometer_dd_1.Selected.Result),
        (IsBlank(Material_manf_dd.Selected.Result) || material_manufacturer = Material_manf_dd.Selected.Result),
        (IsBlank(color_dd_1.Selected.Result) || color = color_dd_1.Selected.Result),
        (IsBlank(Specification_Combobox_3.Selected.Result) || specifications = Specification_Combobox_3.Selected.Result)
        )
    ,'Part Number/Description Searchbox_3'.Text,"size","item_id","item_desc","supplier_part_no"),

// Dynamic sorting and sort order
First(_sortingTable).Value, If(First(_sortingTable).SortOrder = true, Ascending, Descending),
Last(FirstN(_sortingTable, 2)).Value, If(Last(FirstN(_sortingTable, 2)).SortOrder = true, Ascending, Descending),
Last(FirstN(_sortingTable, 3)).Value, If(Last(FirstN(_sortingTable, 3)).SortOrder = true, Ascending, Descending),
Last(FirstN(_sortingTable, 4)).Value, If(Last(FirstN(_sortingTable, 4)).SortOrder = true, Ascending, Descending),
Last(FirstN(_sortingTable, 5)).Value, If(Last(FirstN(_sortingTable, 5)).SortOrder = true, Ascending, Descending),
Last(FirstN(_sortingTable, 6)).Value, If(Last(FirstN(_sortingTable, 6)).SortOrder = true, Ascending, Descending),
Last(FirstN(_sortingTable, 7)).Value, If(Last(FirstN(_sortingTable, 7)).SortOrder = true, Ascending, Descending),
Last(FirstN(_sortingTable, 8)).Value, If(Last(FirstN(_sortingTable, 8)).SortOrder = true, Ascending, Descending),
Last(FirstN(_sortingTable, 9)).Value, If(Last(FirstN(_sortingTable, 9)).SortOrder = true, Ascending, Descending)
)

Here is an image of what the app currently looks like: 

Capture.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Techgallagher
Helper I
Helper I

Figured out what I needed to do. It was simple. I just had to turn on multiple selections and change it to .selecteditems and the = to an 'in' 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Techgallagher
Helper I
Helper I

Figured out what I needed to do. It was simple. I just had to turn on multiple selections and change it to .selecteditems and the = to an 'in' 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,346)