Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rama96x
Resolver I
Resolver I

Selected value in ComboBox is blank outside of form

Hello everyone,
So what I'm trying to achieve is to disable a button (which is outside of a form) if the selected value of my ComboBox is blank (or empty) AND if my text input field is blank (again, this is also inside of a form). 

Button1 = DisplayMode: 

If(
    (IsBlank(ComboBox1.Selected.Q_Number)) || (IsEmpty(ComboBox1.Selected.Q_Number)) && IsBlank(DataCardValue4.Text),
    DisplayMode.Disabled,
    Edit
)

Now, my button is always disabled and the reason being is because the value of both my text input field and Combobox is always blank. However, if I'm inside of my form and add a text label in my Card and put ComboBox1.Selected.Q_Number, it will show the correct value in this text label - it's only when I'm trying to target a value outside of my form that it shows Blank.

I have looked into several other posts and non of the have worked for me unfortunately...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Hi @Rama96x ,

This should work in New Mode and if in Edit or View Mode, ensure you have a valid record linked to the Form. It is however a consequence of this bug that hopefully should be fixed soon.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Visit my blog Practical Power Apps

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Hi @Rama96x ,

This should work in New Mode and if in Edit or View Mode, ensure you have a valid record linked to the Form. It is however a consequence of this bug that hopefully should be fixed soon.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Visit my blog Practical Power Apps

Thank you so much @WarrenBelz - it worked as soon as I changed the form to New! Can always count on you 😄

While I have you here, can I ask one more question regarding some delegation warning that I'm getting?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Call June 2022 768x460.png

Power Platform Community Call

Join us for the next call on August 17, 2022 at 8am PDT.

Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Users online (1,715)