cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mario1
Frequent Visitor

Send ComboBox & dropdown values to SQL

I have a multi-select combo box and a dropdown that I want to use to insert records into a SQL table. I need users to be able to select multiple customer names and select one group then insert each into another SQL table. 

Example of Data:

Customers SQL Table:

CustomerID | CustomerName

1                  | XYZ Corp

5                  | Dallas Corp

10                | Hway

7                  | Town Corp

Group SQL Table:

GroupID | GroupName

8             | Top Tier

9             | 2nd Tier

Dropdown is called "Group" and displays a list of group names from Group SQL data source.

Multi-select ComboBox is called "Customers" and displays a list of customer names from Customer SQL data source.

Need to click a button and insert new records in another SQL table called "Customer Group Map" based on the values selected from the Customer ComboBox and Group DropDown.

Example data:

Customer Group Map

GroupID | CustomerID

8            | 1

8            | 5

9            | 10

9            | 7

9            | 5

Any guidance is appreciated

4 REPLIES 4
rgparisoto
Helper V
Helper V

Hi @Mario1 !

Have you tested the Patch Function?

Regards,

Robson.

Yes I have researched the patch function but found no guidance on how to pull combobox multi-select data in as individual records along with the dropdown value.

You're right, I never have used something like these. If I find something I'll tell you.

@rgparisoto @Mario1  Did you ever find a solution to this? I'm trying to accomplish something very similar.

Let's say I have the following 3 tables in Azure SQL:

document contains an id and a name field

topic contains an id and a name field

document_topics contains a document_id and topic_id field

On my canvas app for editing fields in the document table, I would like to add a multi-select combobox that allows users to select multiple topics that a document is associated with (similar to a tagging feature). The default value of the combobox should show any topics already associated with the document as already selected (based on the existing rows in the document_topic table). And any changes or new selections should be updated to the document_topics SQL table as well.

Thoughts?

Thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,021)