cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Send Email to Specific Individuals when Toggle Changes

I have the following in the OnSelect of a Toggle control.

Office365Outlook.SendEmail("FirstName_LastName@email.com","Engine Company Member Operational Status Changed","The Operational Status of the Following Engine Company Member has been Changed. Please contact the Park if you have any Questions about this Action."

The below currently works to send an email to whomever the name(s) is in the condition.

Is it possible to write the below so that it ONLY sends the email to the User viewing the data at the time and specific individuals based on parameters in the condition?

Example:

the Regional Chief is the viewer/user and has an administrative need to change the Toggle status of the individual in the Dropdown; when this happens I need the condition to send an email to the employee in the Dropdown who's status the Regional Chief just changed, and the Supervisor of the employee who's status was changed? 

All three individuals are found on the 'MemberList'; the list has columns for Location, FullName and Email.

Dropdown field name is: MemberProfileFullNmDropdown

Gallery field for Fire Chief is: MemberProfileCQSummaryGallery / MemberProfileParkHeaderGalleryLdFFFld

3csman_1-1611849879961.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
gabibalaban
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hi @Anonymous ,

Concatenate(

LookUp(MemberCollection, FullNm=MemberProfileFullNmDropdown.Selected.FullNm,MemberEmail) ,

";",

LookUp(MemberCollection, UsrNm=MemberProfileParkHeaderGalleryLdFFFld.HtmlText,MemberEmail)

)

I'm not quite confortable with theMemberProfileParkHeaderGalleryLdFFFld.HtmlText, as it's return the html code and this cannot be equal with a name.

Do you realy need theMemberProfileParkHeaderGalleryLdFFFld control to be a HTMLtext control ?

Hope it helps !

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
rubin_boer
Super User
Super User

hi @Anonymous do you wish to know if you can send that email to only those three names then yes providing you have the emails  Office365Outlook.SendEmail("FirstName_LastName@email.com; " & User().email &";"& FirstName_LastName@email.comFirstName_LastName@email.com;","En...

I assume the Steve an dMelani's email can be retrieved.

Regards

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yep, that part I can do.

I want to know if the condition can be modified to return the appropriate email addresses from the list based on the names in two of the fields on the screen?

I created a Label and put the following condition in it; it returns the email address of the individual in the Dropdown.

LookUp(MemberCollection, FullNm=MemberProfileFullNmDropdown.Selected.FullNm,MemberEmail)

How do I modify the condition so that it concatenates and also returns the email of the Fire Chief, based on the Fire Chief's user name - found in - MemberProfileParkHeaderGallery / MemberProfileParkHeaderGalleryLdFFFld?

I tried the following; I just get an error.

Concat(LookUp(MemberCollection, FullNm=MemberProfileFullNmDropdown.Selected.FullNm,MemberEmail) & (MemberCollection, UsrNm=MemberProfileParkHeaderGalleryLdFFFld.HtmlText,MemberEmail)

Anonymous
Not applicable

Toggle Visible2.JPG

gabibalaban
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hi @Anonymous ,

Concatenate(

LookUp(MemberCollection, FullNm=MemberProfileFullNmDropdown.Selected.FullNm,MemberEmail) ,

";",

LookUp(MemberCollection, UsrNm=MemberProfileParkHeaderGalleryLdFFFld.HtmlText,MemberEmail)

)

I'm not quite confortable with theMemberProfileParkHeaderGalleryLdFFFld.HtmlText, as it's return the html code and this cannot be equal with a name.

Do you realy need theMemberProfileParkHeaderGalleryLdFFFld control to be a HTMLtext control ?

Hope it helps !

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

June User Group Leader Call

Join us on June 28 for our monthly User Group leader call!

PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

PA.JPG

New Release Planning Portal (Preview)

Check out our new release planning portal, an interactive way to plan and prepare for upcoming features in Power Platform.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (1,405)