cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper IV
Helper IV

Send Exception details in email in flow

Hi, We are using scope to handle exception in flow, Whenever request will fail, support team will get an email. But it doesn't contains details about exception. Support Team has to check flow details every time to check the exception. How can we send exception details in email.

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @vandana ,

Find the below approach for send the Error Information using mail when flow got failed.

Step 1. First Initialize the Variable like below. 

VijayTailor_0-1602164853615.png

Step 2. Now Filter the Error and Append the error details. and Send the Email for Error to Developer.

VijayTailor_1-1602164983067.png

In the above screen you can see the result(Main).

So here Main is the Scope where all the Actions happen

VijayTailor_2-1602165129167.png

.Now we can filter the Error Details and add them into the mail.

VijayTailor_3-1602165274340.png

Send email Like Below- 

VijayTailor_0-1602165501148.png

Thanks,

Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."-Vijay

Highlighted

Which connector you have used to filter error details. I have found only one connector "filter array" . 
Highlighted

Thats the correct connector you gotta use.
Highlighted

Yes, Filter array you have to use for this purpose.
Highlighted

Using filter array you can filter existing request and send details of that request. I don't need details of request. I want to send exact exception due to which flow failed.

vandana_0-1602213463333.png

like here request failed due to exception column 'id' does not exist. I want to send this request in email. is it possible to send this information?

Highlighted
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

You can directly use Body('get_item') and read status and message from it...

Highlighted

there is no property found with name Body('get_item').in  try block there may be more than connector like 1 for getting list item and another for inserting data. We can bind with single property in catch. we need some generic way to get exception occured in try block

Highlighted

Hi @vandana ,

You can Use the Below flow Just this Flow and add all your action into the Main Scope.
and Error Scope set the Email.
See the below image for reference - 

VijayTailor_0-1602220343812.png

Thanks,

Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."-Vijay

Highlighted

Thanks @VijayTailor 

I have tried this way, but only problem is how to catch the exception. Using this solution  we can get details from existing request. how can i get exception detail?

vandana_0-1602220999501.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (12,152)