Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DanNik
Frequent Visitor

Send a email with a excel table as .csv

Hey Guys,

here is what I want to do.

If the User click a button I want to send a excel Table (allready connected to the app) as a .csv via email.

I tried it in FLOW but I cant figure out.

maybe you can help me

thanks and best regards

1 REPLY 1
v-micsh-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @DanNik,

Well, currently I don't think this is available in an easy way.

What I could think out the way that should work is that we take use of concat function (with forall function) to make all the data from the Excel table into one string, then use it with the Office365.sendEmail function, this might work.

Mostly this should be restricted by the table column value, which we need make it to obey the CSV format.

Formula reference for PowerApps

For Microsoft Flow, we could take use of the Excel get rows action, then use the value a the Email body, this woud allow Microsoft Flow to send the Excel table content in a CSV like format.

But currenlty I can't find a way to trigger this within PowerApps, as thetable name from the Excel Get Rows action is based on the file name selected.

In addition, please consider submit this as an idea, to allow the Office365user.SendEmail function to be available to accept table value as the Email body field.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Ideas/idb-p/PowerAppsIdeas

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza is Back!

We are excited to announce that Demo Extravaganza for 2021 has started!

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (37,197)