Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
IMathur
Helper V
Helper V

Send a notification email on click of a button to all in the people in the form

Hello Experts!

In the App, I have created an Edit form and after clicking on submit button, it saves the data in SharePoint List. In that form there are fields for multiple selection of Office365 users. Now on the same screen I want to add a button of  ‘Send Notification’, and on click of this button, it send a notification mail to everyone(whose name is present/added) in the submitted form. Please let me know the syntax on how to choose these multiple users from the submitted form.

Any help is very much appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3
mdevaney
Super User III
Super User III

@IMathur 

Here’s the code you would use to send an email message to all people in a ComboBox

Office365Outlook.SendEmailV2(
    Concat(ComboBox_ManyPeople, Email & ";"), "Your Subject", "Your Message"
)

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

Hi mdevaney, thanks for the reply!,

1. this formula is working fine but i have many combo boxes and and i want different messages for different combo boxes.

2. And is there a way in which i can add a data card value/text input from sharepoint list datasource in subject or message?

@IMathur 

To send different messages to people in different ComboBoxes you can do this.

Concat(ComboBox_ManyPeople1, Email & ";"), "Your Subject 1", "Your Message 1"
);

Concat(ComboBox_ManyPeople2, Email & ";"), "Your Subject 2", "Your Message 2"
);

Concat(ComboBox_ManyPeople3, Email & ";"), "Your Subject 3", "Your Message 3"
);

If you want your Subject Line and Message to both come from a Text Input use this code.

Concat(ComboBox_ManyPeople1, Email & ";"), TextInput_Subject.Text, TextInput_Message.Text
);

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

PowerPlatform 768x460.png

Microsoft Learn

Check out our new Discover Your Career Path blog post series and get all the details.

Users online (3,128)