cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SergeP
Regular Visitor

Send an e-mail at x5 roll-up column

Hello,

for a solution, I need to build an automated e-mail send.
This on the contact entity, each time, when a roll-up column hits 5.
So when it adds up to 5, the e-mail needs to be sent.
But also at 10, 15, 20, ...

The e-mail template will always be the same, only do I need put that Roll Up column on the template

Any suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
AJ_Z
Super User
Super User

So realistically this is a power automate solution. Scheduled flow run once per day is what i am thinking
Then use list rows to list the rows then a conditon to see if the roll up column is not null/blank or equal to 0 then check if it is divisible by 5 with no remainder. I am guessing the best way to check that is with the Mod function e.g. Mod(Columnname1,5) is equal to 0 if all true use the send email action insert email template and list rows should put this into an apply to each which will allow you to populate the column into the email template. 

I really do not think this should be a power app as it will require someone going into the app on a regular basis whereas you could just automate this with a power automate. 

let me know if you have further questions or need me to go into further detail but if you still want the instructions for how to do this as a powerapp instead of automating this i can still give you that just reply to this 🙂

Signature:

If you appreciated my comments/responses please be sure to Like/Kudo them it really does make me smile 🙂 !
Link to the Power Platform Professionals United Kingdom User Group:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Platform-Professionals/gh-p/PowerPlatformProfessionalsUnit...

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
AJ_Z
Super User
Super User

So realistically this is a power automate solution. Scheduled flow run once per day is what i am thinking
Then use list rows to list the rows then a conditon to see if the roll up column is not null/blank or equal to 0 then check if it is divisible by 5 with no remainder. I am guessing the best way to check that is with the Mod function e.g. Mod(Columnname1,5) is equal to 0 if all true use the send email action insert email template and list rows should put this into an apply to each which will allow you to populate the column into the email template. 

I really do not think this should be a power app as it will require someone going into the app on a regular basis whereas you could just automate this with a power automate. 

let me know if you have further questions or need me to go into further detail but if you still want the instructions for how to do this as a powerapp instead of automating this i can still give you that just reply to this 🙂

Signature:

If you appreciated my comments/responses please be sure to Like/Kudo them it really does make me smile 🙂 !

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Platform-Professionals/gh-p/PowerPlatformProfessionalsUnit...

SergeP
Regular Visitor

Thank you.

Indeed it is better at the Power Automate community. Sorry I'm new here.
But you described it correctly what they suggested as a solution over there 😀

No worries at all @SergeP there is always a bit of crossover now and then and everyone is new at one point :). I am always hap to help. Good luck with your solution and take care

Signature:

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,444)