cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Send an e-mail in power apps

Is it possible to send an e-mail in power apps, from my private e-mail adress with my own domain?

12 REPLIES 12
Pstork1
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

You can use the FROM parameter in the SendEmailV2 to send the email from your own Office 365 mailbox.  Office 365 can be configured with your own domain for mail.  But you can't send email from an external mailbox it has to be an office 365 mailbox.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Join me at 365EduCon in Chicago on Sept. 26-30 where I'll be presenting on the Power Platform!
rubin_boer
Super User
Super User

hi @Anonymous Interesting question. I don't have the answer but do not think that's the use case for power apps. Have a look at this it can inspire you.

rubin_boer_0-1616356451458.png

Hope it helps...a little bit

timl
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous 

The typical way to send email from your own domain is to use the SMTP connector, rather than the Office 365 Outlook connector.

With the SMTP connector, you would specify your SMTP mail server, username, and password, in the same way that you would configure any other email client to send messages from your private email address.

The details for this connector are here:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/connectors/smtp/

Anonymous
Not applicable

@rubin_boer  That‘s interesting. Can you send me the Link, where you found this?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Pstork1 Can you tell me how use this from parameter?

timl
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous 

If you want to configure Microsoft/Office 365 to send email for your domain, you need to set it up so that the manages email for your custom domain.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/admin/setup/add-domain?view=o365-worldwide

The 'send as' solution is not designed to send email from a private email domain. The use case scenario for this is to enable, for example, a secretary to send email on behalf of a boss in an Outlook enabled organisation.

IMO, the only real way to do this is to use the SMTP connector.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@timl but I already have my own e-mail in outlook.

Here's a link to the documentation.

Office 365 Outlook - Connectors | Microsoft Docs

And here's a good walkthrough of the syntax for the command.

Power Apps Guide - Email - How to send email with the Office 365 Outlook connector - Power Apps Guid...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Join me at 365EduCon in Chicago on Sept. 26-30 where I'll be presenting on the Power Platform!
timl
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous 

If you added your email account to Outlook like so, I do not believe that you can use the Office365 Outlook connector to send messages from the associated account. Perhaps the others here can verify that.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/add-your-other-email-accounts-to-outlook-com-c5224df4-5885-4e79-91ba-523aa743f0ba

My inclination would be to use the SMTP connector.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Call June 2022 768x460.png

Power Platform Community Call

Join us for the next call on August 17, 2022 at 8am PDT.

Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Users online (3,414)