cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RodCapri
Frequent Visitor

Send data from a form to a sharepoint list with another user account than the user connected to the application

Hello,

I'm trying to send data to a SharePoint list but I want only the admin account to be able to access this list but I need basic users to be able to add their information to the list.

So I'm trying to find a way that once the form is validated, the application takes into account that it's the admin who has filled in the information while it's the normal user who has used the application.

This is to avoid that the basic user can access the list with quick access to Office.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

In the end I modified the rights and accesses of the list so that when a user modifies the list, he can see only the value he modified

2022-05-24_10h56_04.png

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
RiccoHipp1903
Helper III
Helper III

As I know, this is impossible. To upload and view data, every user (using the app) needs access to the sharepoint list

Let's say I give the rights to everyone, can I send the form data to the list with another user than the one using the application?

No, the connection can only use the conenction the specific user which uses the app has. So SP will always show in a  eg. list "Created By" and than the user which used the app. 

No possible solution to use another conenction

So I have to find a way to remove the SharePoint list from the Office 365 quick access.

yeah, maybe, but doesn't solve the problem I think

@RodCapri 

Thought about it. The idea I see could be, you make a dummy list where everyone has the right to edit. Everytime a item is created in the sharepoint list, you let run a Power Autoamte flow with the account you want and let that create that item in the new productive list and delete the old entry from the dummy list.

In the end I modified the rights and accesses of the list so that when a user modifies the list, he can see only the value he modified

2022-05-24_10h56_04.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

June User Group Leader Call

Join us on June 28 for our monthly User Group leader call!

PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

PA.JPG

New Release Planning Portal (Preview)

Check out our new release planning portal, an interactive way to plan and prepare for upcoming features in Power Platform.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (1,334)