Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pricey79
Helper IV
Helper IV

Send email from powerapps

Hello

I'm trying to send an email using Thisitem.contact from a gallery and get the following error message, can anyone help please?

pricey79_0-1599826913852.png

I can see its my name that has the error, but I dont want to have to put in individual email addresses , as the users could be over a thousand people. The contact field in the gallery is based on the user who was logged in at the time. The new user can then just hit a button an email the contact.

Hope that makes sense!

Thank you

8 REPLIES 8
mdevaney
Super User
Super User

@pricey79 

First, try using SendMailV2.  What you are using is out of date.

Secondly, if that doesn't work the problem will likely be ThisItem.Contact.  Does this refer to a text or a person object?  If its a person object you need to use ThisItem.Contact.Email.

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

@mdevaney thank you for taking the time to reply. 

I've changed it to SendMailV2 but same issue 

I think the contact is a text, sorry i'm a novice 

@pricey79 

Please type this code into a label (inside the gallery row) and show me the result.  I want to verify its a valid email.

ThisItem.Contact

@mdevaney 

pricey79_0-1599829025714.png

@pricey79 

Any code with the keyword 'ThisItem' must be placed inside of a gallery or form.  Have you done this?

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

@mdevaney 

I have yes, the button is in the gallery 

@pricey79 

Please select the label and then take screenshot of the entire screen.  Something is going wrong here and I need to see what's happeneing.

@mdevaney 

pricey79_0-1599829859426.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Power Platform Call June 2022 768x460.png

Power Platform Community Call

Join us for the next call on June 15, 2022 at 8am PDT.

PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

PA.JPG

New Release Planning Portal (Preview)

Check out our new release planning portal, an interactive way to plan and prepare for upcoming features in Power Platform.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,405)