Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dhinesh28R
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Send email to Sharepoint list person or group members using ms flow

Hi,

In my app i need to trigger a mail to sharepoint list person or group column members.

when i add a Person or Group column in a To in Flow its getting error one or more recipients are invalid.

How to give sharepoint list person or group column members in a To address in flow?

Thanks,

Dhinesh

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
vish3027
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

@Dhinesh28R ,

In flow you have send email function like below

vish3027_0-1629288976714.png

Click on Add Dynamic Content, It will show suggestion in dynamic content.

In dynamic content you will find multiple values and for person field it shows separate values of all display name, email, department etc.

You can use email. See below:

vish3027_1-1629289088119.png

Here All the field mentioned are person field and it shows email automatically for all.

Please check.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
zmansuri
Super User
Super User

Share ScreenShot

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Was I helpful? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. It will help other users to find it faster.

follow me on Twitter @zmansuri123,
connect with me on LinkedIn from Here

Hi @zmansuri ,
In my list People or group is there. am trying to send mail for that peoples. that's why am getting error.flow.jpg

Thanks,

Dhinesh

vish3027
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Hello @Dhinesh28R , Is person field has multiple values or single value.

If single value then in to field use : PersonFieldName email.... from suggestions in flow

If multiple value - If you want to send separat email to each person then in To you can use PersonFieldName Email or if you want single email... create a string varible as EmailIDs;

Call append to string and inside that use variable EmailsIDs and value is PersonFieldName Email;

and outside loop create mail function and you can use that string variable in To address.

Please check and if it works, Please accept it as a solution.

Thanks

Hi @vish3027,
Its a Single value in a Column man.

Can you please elaborate your answer? Am new to flow.

Thanks,

Dhinesh

vish3027
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

@Dhinesh28R ,

In flow you have send email function like below

vish3027_0-1629288976714.png

Click on Add Dynamic Content, It will show suggestion in dynamic content.

In dynamic content you will find multiple values and for person field it shows separate values of all display name, email, department etc.

You can use email. See below:

vish3027_1-1629289088119.png

Here All the field mentioned are person field and it shows email automatically for all.

Please check.

Hi @vish3027,

Thanks for your Detailed Explanation man.

Now its working man.

Thanks,

Dhinesh

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Difinity Conference 2022

Difinity Conference 2022

Register today for two amazing days of learning, featuring intensive learning sessions across multiple tracks, led by engaging and dynamic experts.

European SharePoint Conference

European SharePoint Conference

The European SharePoint Conference returns live and in-person November 28-December 1 with 4 Microsoft Keynotes, 9 Tutorials, and 120 Sessions.

Power Apps Ideas

Check out the New Ideas Site

We are excited to announce a new way to share your ideas for Power Apps!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,294)