cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helper II
Helper II

Send email without logging in

Hello, I am currently building an App with PowerApps in order to send non-compliance reports (with pics and user-input information) by email when an operator detects one.

I know that we can establish a connection with “Outlook.com” or “Office 365 Outlook” to send an email. But I wonder if it is possible to send an email without the need of logging in when you enter in the application. Indeed, my App is intended to be used in the factory by every operator and they don’t have a professional mailbox… I just want them to be able to enter the application, enter needed information and press a “send email” button; without requiring a mailbox login when you enter the App.

I don’t know if it that is possible but if you have any ideas, it would be perfect! Thank you in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@Alexx1 
No.  You need definitely need a Microsoft Account to access PowerApps.  There is no workaround in this scenario.

Fortunately, you can buy a O365 Frontline license pretty cheap.  I think its only $7-10 per user per month.

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Super User III
Super User III

@Alexx1 
You could do this with the help of SharePoint + Flow.

Create a new SharePoint list called 'EmailMessages'.  It should have at least these 3 fields: EmailTo (text), EmailSubject (text), EmailBody (multi-line text).  Then create a Flow to send an email when a new item is inserted into the list.  The great hing about this is you can choose what account the email is sent from.  You could create an email called no-reply@yourcompany.com and send it from there in Flow.

When you want to send an Email in PowerApps just patch the EmailMessages list like this:

Patch(EmailMessages, Defaults(EmailMessages), {EmailTo: "johndoe@xyzcompany.com", EmailSubject: "My Subject", EmailBody: "My Email Body"})

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

---

Thanks for this answer!

But if you connect a SharePoint list to powerapps, the random user is going to have to connect to a Microsoft account when he opens the app, right?

The thing I need is that "any random user with any random phone" and with my powerapp link of course, doesn't need to log in when he opens the app. For example someone with no Microsoft account should be able to use the ap too.

I Don't know if it is possible..

Thank you again!!

@Alexx1 
No.  You need definitely need a Microsoft Account to access PowerApps.  There is no workaround in this scenario.

Fortunately, you can buy a O365 Frontline license pretty cheap.  I think its only $7-10 per user per month.

---

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power Apps features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call: February

Did you miss the call? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here.

New Power Super Users

Congratulations!

We are excited to announce the Power Apps Super Users!

New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (38,566)