Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Post Patron
Post Patron

Send email

Hello,

I need some help setting up a formula for the body of an email.  I'd like to include some free text and add some values from fields but exclude field titles that have to values in them, for example

Hello Client Name Value,

Here is a copy of your workout from Workout Date Value.

Exercise value, weight value, reps value

Exercise value, weight value, reps value

Exercise value, DCT value

19 REPLIES 19
Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

Re: Send email

Hi @trishmalloy ,

I assume you are looking for syntax guidance?

Top bit

"Hello " & 'Client Name Value' & ",<br><br>
Here is a copy of your workout from Workout Date Value,<br><br>" & 

Now you would need to use Concat on the table containing the data - the below is rough - see if you get the principle.

Concat(
   YourTable,
   Exercise value & "  "  & weight value & " " & reps value
) & "<br> & 
Concat(
   Your other table,
   Exercise value & "  " & DCT value
)

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Highlighted
Post Patron
Post Patron

Part of the trouble I am having is adding the DataCardValue.  If you look at the attachment you'll see where I was starting to type in the DataCardValue but it's not recognized.

Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

OK @trishmalloy ,

All cards will have a value after them (I note you have two you have not included). Text will be DataCardValuexx.Text, DatePickers will be DataCardValuexx.SelectedDate, DropDown/ComboBoxes will be something like  DataCardValuexx.Selected.xxxx, with xxxx being .Value, .Result or .FieldName (actual name) if from a filter. You can see the values below the input when you type the end "dot".

Also, if you want to see the validity of the HTML without having to send a mail to test it, put it in a HTML Text box and send this (YourHTMLName.HTMLText) in the email body.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Highlighted
Post Patron
Post Patron

Two more issues I could use some help with.  See attachments.

Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @trishmalloy ,

Just some syntax - you did not put the control value outside the text          text"  & Value & "text

& ", <br><br>Here is a copy of your workout from " & DataCardValue57_5.SelectedDate & "<br><br>" & Concat . . . 

Also if you send as text, I can correct it all for you,

Highlighted
Post Patron
Post Patron

ClickabuttoninPowerAppstosendanemail_1.Run(DataCardValue14.Selected.Value,DataCardValue57_5.SelectedDate & "Workout","Hello " & 'Client Name_DataCard5_3'.DisplayName & ",<br><br>Here is a copy of your workout from " & DataCardValue57_5.SelectedDate & Concat(

Hello Client Name,

Here is a copy of your workout from 2/22/2020:

Exercise, Weight, Reps, DCT

The College Recreation and Wellness Team 

Exercise-1 = DataCardValue10_1.Selected.Value, Weight-1 = DataCardValue 59_5.Text, Reps-1 = DCV9_2.Text, DCT-1 = DCV2_4.Text (this line will be repeated with other exercises except the -1 will be -2, -3 and so on.  Is there a way to hide fields that don't have data in them e.g. Exercise-10, Weight-10, Reps-10, DCT-10?  The workouts vary.  The trainers have 20 available fields (per their request).  When they email the client a workout it would be ideal if the blank fields didn't show up.

Thank you for your help!!

Highlighted
Post Patron
Post Patron

Is this what you were looking for @WarrenBelz ?

Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @trishmalloy ,

I read your mail and assumed you has this working - if so, please consider accepting as solution. 

If further questions, happy to help.

Highlighted
Post Patron
Post Patron

No, I was thinking you were going to help with sytnax, so I attempted to post the material I thought you'd need.

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Demo-Extravaganza 2020

Check out these cool Power Apps & vote on your favorite!

secondImage

Community Highlights

Check out whats happening in Power Apps

secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,782)