Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

Re: Send email

Ok @trishmalloy ,

I saw the formatted mail in the middle and thought that was the output.

Is this your questions at the bottom?

Exercise-1 = DataCardValue10_1.Selected.Value, Weight-1 = DataCardValue 59_5.Text, Reps-1 = DCV9_2.Text, DCT-1 = DCV2_4.Text (this line will be repeated with other exercises except the -1 will be -2, -3 and so on.  Is there a way to hide fields that don't have data in them e.g. Exercise-10, Weight-10, Reps-10, DCT-10?  The workouts vary.  The trainers have 20 available fields (per their request).  When they email the client a workout it would be ideal if the blank fields didn't show up.

You can control this with what you are doing a Concat at the bottom on. I have not addressed this yet, but a filtered collection is the best option. You collect only the records you need and Concat the collection.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Highlighted
Post Patron
Post Patron

Sorry for the confusion.  I put all the text in that one reply based on your comment: "Also if you send as text, I can correct it all for you"  Maybe I misunderstood.

I could use help with body syntax using the Concat function and hiding field names that don't have data.  I haven't worked with filter collection before.

"Hello " & 'Client Name_DataCard5_3'.DisplayName & ",<br><br>Here is a copy of your workout from " & DataCardValue57_5.SelectedDate & Concat(I'm looking for syntax help adding each exercise and corresponding values.

This is an example of how I'd like the email to be formatted.

Hello Client Name,

Here is a copy of your workout from 2/22/2020:

Exercise, Weight, Reps, DCT

The College Recreation and Wellness Team

Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @trishmalloy ,

My understanding was that you wanted syntax to get a valid HTML output and I thought we had done that.

This is actually another subject that needs a separate discussion. If you accept this one as a solution and post a new thread and tag my name at the top, I will pick it up and deal with the subject of collecting data.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @trishmalloy ,

I will deal with it here if possible.

What is

• The name of the table you are using to Concat
  • The name of the field you need to test whether to display or not
  • The criteria you are testing on (eg is it blank/0

Highlighted
Post Patron
Post Patron

• The name of the table you are using to Concat

'Client Workout'

• The name of the field you need to test whether to display or not

DataCardValue7

• The criteria you are testing on (eg is it blank/0

IsBlank

Thank you!

Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

OK thanks @trishmalloy ,

I need the name of the field in the list, not the card (DataCard7) it is contained in.

Highlighted
Post Patron
Post Patron

Sorry about that. 😐

There will probably be several fields that normally won't be displayed, some examples of these field names are:

Exercise-10, Weight-10, Reps-10, DCT-10.

Thanks for not giving up on this!

Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

Ok @trishmalloy ,

What is the name of the Field (data source) of DataCardValue7 ?

If I have this, I can do your filter code.

Highlighted
Post Patron
Post Patron

I'll give you an example of an entire line that may need hidden if there are no values:

Exercise-14_DataCard1_5, Weight-14_DataCard2_5, Reps-14_DataCard2_5, Distance,Cal,Time-14_DataCard2_5

I hope this helps.

Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

Ok @trishmalloy ,

So you have fields

• Exercise
  • Weight
  • Reps
  • Distance, cal, time

What I am trying to establish is what are the “rules” for a record you do not want to display. You have given me other four other card names, but not what is is DataCard7. So I will give you an example if Exercise is the blank field you are looking for. The collection you would want to Concat in your email (you can use what ever name you want for it)

ClearCollect(
   colProgram,
   Filter(
     'Client Workout',
     !isBlank(Exercise)
   )
)

There is a further issue with the ! filter (Not) in that it is not delegable. So a safe way if you have under 2000 records or can collect under this number using a delegable filter is to do this from a initial collection. So

ClearCollect(
   ColProgram,
   'Client Workout'
);
ClearCollect(
   colProgram,
   Filter(
     colProgram,
     !isBlank(Exercise)
   )
)

You can then Concat colProgram.

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Demo-Extravaganza 2020

Check out these cool Power Apps & vote on your favorite!

secondImage

Robotic Process Automation

Let's talk about the solution provided by Microsoft for Robotic Process Automation (RPA)

secondImage

Community Highlights

Check out whats happening in Power Apps

secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (10,157)