cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gjayne84
Frequent Visitor

Send link to SharePoint PowerApps form

Hi everyone

I have customized a list form in SharePoint using PowerApps and it works fine.  When the form is saved it starts an approval flow and in the e-mail for this I want to include a link to the list item.  However, if I use the dynamic field in Flow called Link to item the link opens the default SharePoint form rather than the customized PowerApps form.

I have found a few posts online which say to try the following URL format but this also opens the default form (I've also tried it without the PA=1 with the same result):

https://tenant/sites/site/Lists/listname/dispform.aspx?ID=x&PA=1

Is it possible to link to a PowerApps SharePoint form or is this just something that can't currently be done?

Thanks in advance for your help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-xida-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @gjayne84,

Do you want to include a Custom form Item Link within your approval email?

How do you send an approval email? Using a MS Flow?

How do you fire the flow within your app?

I have made a test on my side, and don't have the issue that you mentioned. If you want to include Custom form Item Link within your approval email, you must make sure you have customized a form for your SP list using PowerApps.

In addition, you could not select the "Link to item" Dynamic content as the link to your custom form within your flow. On your side, you should pass the 'Link to item' value from your app to your flow.

I have made a test on my side, please take a try with the following workaround:

Flow's configuration as below:

App’s configuration as below:

Within the app, set the OnSuccess property of the SharePointForm1 to following:

'20190104_case9'.Run(SharePointForm1.LastSubmit.'Link to item');
ResetForm(SharePointForm1);
RequestHide()

On your side, you should type:

'YourFlowName'.Run(SharePointForm1.LastSubmit.'Link to item');
RequestHide()

The Custom form Item Link format as below:

https://xxxxxx.sharepoint.com/sites/PowerApps/_layouts/15/listform.aspx?PageType=4&ListId=886d7840-abcc-4cb9-a520-2552cf5a6abe&ID=5&ContentTypeID=0x010010D635F765D7B443A8BBB6507AE1C518

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-xida-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @gjayne84,

Do you want to include a Custom form Item Link within your approval email?

How do you send an approval email? Using a MS Flow?

How do you fire the flow within your app?

I have made a test on my side, and don't have the issue that you mentioned. If you want to include Custom form Item Link within your approval email, you must make sure you have customized a form for your SP list using PowerApps.

In addition, you could not select the "Link to item" Dynamic content as the link to your custom form within your flow. On your side, you should pass the 'Link to item' value from your app to your flow.

I have made a test on my side, please take a try with the following workaround:

Flow's configuration as below:

App’s configuration as below:

Within the app, set the OnSuccess property of the SharePointForm1 to following:

'20190104_case9'.Run(SharePointForm1.LastSubmit.'Link to item');
RequestHide()

On your side, you should type:

'YourFlowName'.Run(SharePointForm1.LastSubmit.'Link to item');
RequestHide()

The Custom form Item Link format as below:

https://xxxxxx.sharepoint.com/sites/PowerApps/_layouts/15/listform.aspx?PageType=4&ListId=886d7840-abcc-4cb9-a520-2552cf5a6abe&ID=5&ContentTypeID=0x010010D635F765D7B443A8BBB6507AE1C518

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hello

the link to item is the display form link, is there way to get the editform link via flow and send to users?

I know that we can use editform.aspx?ID=xxx, but it will ceate issue if the user is not login before clicking on the link, 

and what exactly does &pa=1 do?

thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Difinity Conference 2022

Difinity Conference 2022

Register today for two amazing days of learning, featuring intensive learning sessions across multiple tracks, led by engaging and dynamic experts.

European SharePoint Conference

European SharePoint Conference

The European SharePoint Conference returns live and in-person November 28-December 1 with 4 Microsoft Keynotes, 9 Tutorials, and 120 Sessions.

Power Apps Ideas

Changes to Ideas Coming

We are excited to announce a new way to share your ideas for Power Apps!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,005)