cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hasani
Frequent Visitor

Send message to MS Team channel without being member of the channel

Hi..

I have a IT Helpdesk MS Team's channel and I want users to be able to send a message to this channel without them being a member or have to join to the channel. I don't think it is possible to directly to send the message without being the member of the team, but, what if I create an account, lets name it 'NeedHelp' and make this 'NeedHelp' as a member of IT Helpdesk channel.

Is it possible if from a PowerApp's app, I logged in as user A, then from the apps, user A will fill in a form that then will call a flow to login as 'NeedHelp' and send the message as the 'NeedHelp' to the IT Helpdesk's team?

So, at the end, member of IT Helpdesk's team will see a message from 'NeedHelp' .

1 REPLY 1
RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@Hasani 

Users CAN send emails to team channels that they are not members of.  You just need to get the email for the channel and use that.

I hope this is helpful for you and saves you some extra work.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
NOTE: My normal response times will be Mon to Fri from 1 PM to 10 PM UTC (and lots of other times too!)
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

Really want to show your appreciation? Buy Me A Cup Of Coffee!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Power Platform Call June 2022 768x460.png

Power Platform Community Call

Join us for the next call on June 15, 2022 at 8am PDT.

PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

PA.JPG

New Release Planning Portal (Preview)

Check out our new release planning portal, an interactive way to plan and prepare for upcoming features in Power Platform.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,427)