cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
H786565
Regular Visitor

Send powerapp push notification to all users on Sharepoint list

I would like to be able to send notifications to all of our docs that have PA installed on their phones. I have created a host app that would trigger a notification, but I am stuck at the point of sending the push to multiple users. I have read solutions about creating drop-downs, but I am looking at sending the same message to 500+ people. I already have  a sharepoint list with all of their contact info- if I could have PA just reference the email address column of the list for recipients, that would be great, but I don't seem to have the right syntax

In my case, for testing purposes, I create "button 1" and OnSelect  I have

PowerAppsNotification.SendPushNotification({recipients:'TechContacts'.EmailAddress, message:"test notification"})

somewhere along the way I am getting a table value where it is expecting a specific text. Perhaps I'm missing a step of telling it to send to All of the email addresses on that table/list? Any help with the syntax would be welcome

5 REPLIES 5
nhjelmberg
Frequent Visitor

I believe this is not possible (judging from the reply to https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Power-Apps/PushNotification-for-app-to-every-user/td-p/...) but follow this thread in case someone else has an answer.

I have managed to send push notifications to users listed in a text box if that is of any help but I would also like to send push notifications to users listed in a sharepoint list.

@nhjelmberg Not sure if it is possible either. However, you say you have managed to send push notification to user listed in a text box. How did you do this? I can ask a separate question on the community if you want. I am currently building a powerapp and I want to allow my users to "mention" another user and when mentioned, it sends an email to the user typed in the textbox. Thank you. 

@Solomon_c, I created a page with one text input TextInput1 box for the recipients (separated by a comma ",") and one text input box TextInput1_1 for the message. Then I added a button with the following code:

PowerAppsNotification.SendPushNotification({recipients: RenameColumns(Split(Text(TextInput1);",");"Result";"Value"); message:TextInput1_1})

I'm not sure how to modify this for push notifications to mentioned users but it shouldn't be impossible.

Did you find a solution to your problem? I would like to know. I tried to create a gallery (name:Gallery1) and use "RenameColumns(Split(Text(TextInput1);",");"Result";"Value")" as the property Item and use Gallery.AllItems as recipients and it seems to work but I have not been able to test it fully.

gabibalaban
Super User II
Super User II

Hi @H786565 ,

I wonder if this works:

PowerAppsNotification.SendPushNotification({recipients: concat('TechContacts',EmailAddress,";"), message:"test notification"})

The 'TechContacts'.EmailAddress is in fact a one column table.

Hope it helps !

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (47,986)