cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ProgrammerJaDe
Frequent Visitor

SendPushNotificationsV2 - How do you make it work!?

The documentation for the PowerAppsNotificationV2 connector is not helping me at all. I just want to use this in a Canvas app but I can't figure out what it is asking for.

PowerAppsNotificationV2.SendPushNotificationV2(playerType,app,recipients,message,openApp,dynamicParams)

I have no idea how to use the dynamicParams, which makes me also unsure I am completing the rest of inputs correctly since I cant get rid of my error message at the end.

I am assuming SendPushNotificationV2("App ID", "App ID", ["email"], "message", true/false, ??????)

It would be great to just get the most basic line of code to have a button send the user a push notification using V2. Nothing fancy, I just want to get it functioning so I can start working with it. There are 0 YouTube videos on this and the Microsoft documentation doesn't even mention dynamicParams so any help would be appreciated. 

2 REPLIES 2
BCLS776
Super User
Super User

I can get this far with the syntax:

PowerAppsNotificationV2.SendPushNotificationV2("Power Apps","0f1ff623-99f2-414c-a59a-408f5620dfe0",["bryan.bates@cogitact.ca"],"Test Notification","yes",{})

however, it is kicking out a runtime error on the App ID argument, stating it is invalid. The one above is a direct copy/paste of the App ID shown in the app details screen:

BCLS776_0-1626318366003.png

Perhaps someone else will chime in with the magic last step?

If it helps, there is a Power Automate flow version of this push notification, which you could activate from within the app.

_________________________________________________________________________________________
Help the community help more users by choosing to "Accept as Solution" if this post met your needs. If you liked the post and want to show some appreciation, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Thank you, that helped. I spent a bunch of time working with the Notifications (V1) and got more familiar with what I can do. Pushing a notification that also navigates you to a specific screen took some effort but I have that working now. However, it doesn't work if the App is already open. I notice that the Params() don't get fed into the App if its already open (at least using V1). I was hoping to test with V2, but I still get the Error 400. I'm actually starting to this this feature is just currently broken.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (1,020)