Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jbachman
Helper I
Helper I

Sending Data Results via Email

Good day everyone!

So, I made an app to help with our concrete testing on job sites. Everything in that respect is working great. My issue right now is getting the information from PowerApps saved somewhere else. This is going to end up being a company wide app, so I don't really want to save the info directly into PowerApps.

My main goal is to get all of the data (both input by the user and auto-calculated by the app) put into an email that the user can specify to be sent to.

I've added a couple of pictures of the app itself.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. I have tried looking at some of the videos, but they all require Google Apps accounts which my personal account apparently doesn't have access to.

Thanks in advance!

Joe Bachman

ConYield1.PNG

ConYield2.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Pstork1
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Yes, you can send the results in an email, but if you do that you really can't access them as data again. It might be better to look into saving the results in a SharePoint list.  That way you can modify your app in the future to be able to pull up the results of past tests rather than always creating new data.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Pstork1
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Yes, you can send the results in an email, but if you do that you really can't access them as data again. It might be better to look into saving the results in a SharePoint list.  That way you can modify your app in the future to be able to pull up the results of past tests rather than always creating new data.

View solution in original post

@Pstork1- I've considered doing that, but with us being spread out across multiple projects throughout the state, the SharePoint list could get really messy. I've considered adding a Contract # field and a DES/Project # Field and making at least the Contract # field required, but with some of the people I am working with, having them try to go to a SharePoint site to find their data later on might be a bigger pain. I will definitely consider this though. Thank you!

Pstork1
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

You can actually do both from the same Flow.  As I mentioned, if you save it to SharePoint you can also add the ability to pull the data back up in the app.  The users don't really need to go to a SharePoint list then.

@Pstork1- Ok. Sounds like it is time for me to find a tutorial on how to accomplish that. My luck with PowerApps and SharePoint talking to each other hasn't been great so far. lol. 

Thanks again for the help!

Pstork1
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Here's a good walkthrough to start with.

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Create-a-PowerApp-for-a-list-in-SharePoint-Online-9338b2d2-...

@Pstork1- 1 thing I did notice with doing it from SharePoint is that it will only pull the first 7 columns or so over. Is there a way to force PowerApps to actually pull all the columns or do I need to somehow change the app to a Scrollable Page app and manually add those columns somehow?

Thanks!

Pstork1
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Assuming that you are binding the form to a SharePoint Datasource you can click on edit fields in the form or gallery and add as many fields as you like.  Depending on how you format the screen it may well scroll off the bottom of the screen.  The point of the tutorial I passed you was to be able to see the patterns used to access the data.  From there you can modify it to fit your own forms.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,927)