cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Sending Email From Shared Mainbox

Hi,

We are building an application where we are sending emails using Office365Outlook.SendEmailV2 connector. We don't want that the email to be sent using any of the users Mailbox. Instead we want that to be sent using a Shared Mailbox. 

So how can we configure the shared mailbox to send emails?

Thanks,

Akshay

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User III
Super User III

@AkshayManke 

Yes, you can do this and there is an action on the Outlook connector for sending an email from a shared mailbox.

Everyone who uses the app will need the permission to send on behalf set up in the mailbox.  If you do not want that, then you will need to do this with a PowerAutomate flow - not one triggered by PowerApps, but triggered by a change in, say, a SharePoint list.  This way, you can have that flow setup with an account that has the send on behalf permission.

I hope this is helpful for you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Check out my PowerApps Videos too!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Super User III
Super User III

@AkshayManke 

Yes, you can do this and there is an action on the Outlook connector for sending an email from a shared mailbox.

Everyone who uses the app will need the permission to send on behalf set up in the mailbox.  If you do not want that, then you will need to do this with a PowerAutomate flow - not one triggered by PowerApps, but triggered by a change in, say, a SharePoint list.  This way, you can have that flow setup with an account that has the send on behalf permission.

I hope this is helpful for you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Check out my PowerApps Videos too!

View solution in original post

Hello @RandyHayes,

Thanks for sharing the information on the query. I will try all the things and will get back with the results. But for now i am accepting your response as solution.

Many Thanks again!

Hello @RandyHayes,

I tested the solution today and it worked exactly same as expected. Many thanks for the help!!

Regards,

Akshay

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

New Power Super Users

Congratulations!

We are excited to announce the Power Apps Super Users!

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call: February

Did you miss the call? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (106,993)