cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper V
Helper V

Sending Form Data to Sharepoint

I used this help doc to create a multi-sheet survey form using CDS which is retained in an entity PS_PAF_BidPro:

https://wonderlaura.com/2019/04/17/powerapps-form-across-multiple-screens/

And then I created the ability for people to upload documents related to the request which would be uploaded in sharepoint. I would like to include 3 pieces of information from the form that was submitted in prior sheets: Support_Request, Solicitation, and OppID.

Sheets:

scrForm1: Contains Support_Request, Solicitation, OppID

scrForm2

scrForm3: Contain ability to add documents to sharepoint and submit entire form

I created three textboxes for the items to include when submitting the docs to break apart the process and see whats going wrong. These basically pull the data from the form that was submitted on prior pages.

SupportRequest.TextInput

Default Value: If(BP_Checkbox.Value,"B&P Code; ") & If(Pricing_Checkbox.Value, "Pricing; ") & If(PDT_Checkbox.Value,"PDT; ") & If(Federal_Checkbox.Value,"Federal Review; ") & If(SL_Checkbox.Value,"S&L Review")

Solicitation.TextInput

Default Value: Solicitation_DataCardValue.Text

OppID.TextInput

Default Value: OppID_DataCardValue.Text

The button to upload the documents to the sharepoint site and submit the form:

PowerApps_to_BidProSharepoint.Run(JSON(colBidProDocs, JSONFormat.IncludeBinaryData),Solicitation_TextInput.Text, USID_TextInput.Text, OppID_TextInput.Text, SupportRequest_TextInput.Text); Set(varSubmitMode,"submit");SubmitForm(Form3)

Solicitation & OppID are correct but SupportRequest is showing as blank. How do I get support request to show what was inputted? When I go back to that sheet, the sheet isn't retaining the data - however when I click submit the data shows that it was submitted to the entity.

Let me know if I should add any more information

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Sending Form Data to Sharepoint

Hi @TesDA ,

Could you describe more clearly about what data that you want in Support Request text box?

At the first time, you set Support Request text box's Default:

If(BP_Checkbox.Value,"B&P Code; ") & If(Pricing_Checkbox.Value, "Pricing; ") & If(PDT_Checkbox.Value,"PDT; ") & If(Federal_Checkbox.Value,"Federal Review; ") & If(SL_Checkbox.Value,"S&L Review")

At the second time, you set  Support Request text box's Default:

Filter(PS_PAF_BidPros.Support_Request,ID_BidPro = varRecord.ID_BidPro)

I couldn't figure out the relationship between the two formulas.

Could you tell me the data type of Support_Request field? I assume that it is text type.

If you want to display all the filtered Support_Request value, you could set Support Request text box's Default:

Concat(Filter(PS_PAF_BidPros,ID_BidPro = varRecord.ID_BidPro),Support_Request&";")

Please notice that the result that filter function returns is a table, while a textinput's Default needs text value. So I use Concat function to connect all the value together.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Resolver II
Resolver II

Hi! @TesDA 

I think it has something to do with the default formulas. 

If(BP_Checkbox.Value,"B&P Code; ") & If(Pricing_Checkbox.Value, "Pricing; ") & If(PDT_Checkbox.Value,"PDT; ") & If(Federal_Checkbox.Value,"Federal Review; ") & If(SL_Checkbox.Value,"S&L Review")

you can remove them and set a simple default text.

If(BP_Checkbox.Value,"B&P Code; ", "") & If(Pricing_Checkbox.Value, "Pricing; ", "") & If(PDT_Checkbox.Value,"PDT; ", "") & If(Federal_Checkbox.Value,"Federal Review; ", "") & If(SL_Checkbox.Value,"S&L Review", "")

or the formula above

Highlighted
Helper V
Helper V

This didnt help. If it helps at all, even if the checkmarks are all checked, they come up as false on the final page (however the correct data does make it to the CDS entity).

Highlighted
Helper V
Helper V

I think Im close on this. I created the below with the thinking that since each page submits the data to the CDS Entity as a draft, I can still pull it down from the entity when submitting using something like:

In the Support Request text box, I put this as the default-

On the above I'm getting the error:

Expected Text Value

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @TesDA ,

Could you describe more clearly about what data that you want in Support Request text box?

At the first time, you set Support Request text box's Default:

At the second time, you set  Support Request text box's Default:

I couldn't figure out the relationship between the two formulas.

Could you tell me the data type of Support_Request field? I assume that it is text type.

If you want to display all the filtered Support_Request value, you could set Support Request text box's Default:

Concat(Filter(PS_PAF_BidPros,ID_BidPro = varRecord.ID_BidPro),Support_Request&";")

Please notice that the result that filter function returns is a table, while a textinput's Default needs text value. So I use Concat function to connect all the value together.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

We're excited to announce our first cross-community 'Can You Solve These?' challenge!

secondImage

Return to Workplace

Reopen responsibly, monitor intelligently, and protect continuously with solutions for a safer work environment.

secondImage

Super Users Coming in August

We are excited for the next Super User season.

secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,759)